Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

WWII AK intelligence report found in antique table

Article about: Piotr Bezia from Szczecin, northern Poland, was searching for a suitable table for his computer when he chanced upon a reasonably-priced offer on internet auction site Allegro. He snapped up

Default WWII AK intelligence report found in antique table

Piotr Bezia from Szczecin, northern Poland, was searching for a suitable table for his computer when he chanced upon a reasonably-priced offer on internet auction site Allegro.

He snapped up the antique for 99 zloty (24 euros), and after it had been delivered he decided to shorten the table's legs. However, on turning the table over, he discovered a secret compartment.

Photo: PAP Rafal Guz

Inside, there was a typed document, together with a letter that read: “With great fear in my heart, I present you sir with a report on current Polish politics.

“It seems to me that this is the most important report that I have ever submitted,” the letter continued.
    The document in question was written by Colonel Marian Drobik (codename Woodpecker), who was head of intelligence for Poland's underground force the Home Army (AK) from 1942-43.

Full report:
    WWII -intelligence report found in antique table
    Last edited by StefanM; 11-17-2013 at 08:30 AM.
    I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.

These things just don't happen with the stuff you get from ikea, the only surprise you can expect is when something is broken

Given how many people were involved in the Polish resistance throughout occupied Poland I am sure there must be many hidden documents, weapon stashes etc waiting to be rediscovered.

Still wondering where the 12 Enigma cypher machines that the escaping Poles buried on the Bulgarian border might be waiting to be discovered
    I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.

What an incredible find. Was the full document hidden in the table ever posted anywhere?

a nice surprise.