Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

1943 Harbour Police

Article about: Hello all, just wanted to show and hear your comments about my new buckle (I know its not an Heer buckle) It is as you can see a harbour police buckle made by Christian Theodore Dicke. The r

Default 1943 Harbour Police

Hello all, just wanted to show and hear your comments about my new buckle (I know its not an Heer buckle) It is as you can see a harbour police buckle made by Christian Theodore Dicke. The reason why I bought it is that it has a 1943 dated tab. To me one of the Holy Grails of buckles, shame its not an Heer. When it turned up initially I was a wee bit alarmed, I initially thought some one had punched in the three over another number, my heart nearly stopped! I have had a very good look under a powerful lens that I use for looking at buckles (sad man) and to my relief it is a solid three, no other hints of a number underneath, not even a zero so that has put my mind to rest Another big bonus is that I believe the belt and buckle are a set, they have been together for a long time on how the buckle actually fits onto the belt. One thing that did surprise me is that the belt is a KM one, how lucky is that. In anyones opinion do you think that it was issued like it because it was a water police? Would they have issued a KM belt with a police buckle? Being later in the war they came together as pot luck? I would like to hear your thoughts. Overall guys I am a very happy man so if any Police collectors want a nice 43 dated buckle I am willing to tade for a 43 dated Heer Sorry guys one more, the belt also has the owners name and I think service number: Blaume 026384/41 again any thouights on this?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 1943 Harbour Police   1943 Harbour Police  

1943 Harbour Police   1943 Harbour Police  

Ben

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 1943 Harbour Police
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: 1943 Harbour Police

I think the department of supplyof water police was Kriegsmarine, due of thatthe belt has KM stampings. Awesome buckle!

Dimas, that would be great, is that in writing anywhere?
    Ben

Hi Ben.....fancy meeting you here!
    I just registered...nice to see a familiar face ---- and nice to see that buckle again! I love it!

Cheers!

Rob

Hello Rob, nice to see you my friend see you have found the buckle section then
    Ben

Oh yeah....

I have a unit marked Heer that should be arriving soon....will post when it arrives...You might be able to help me with the markings!
    Cheers!

Rob