MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Denazified Aluminium Polizei Koppelschloss with tab - strange initials

Article about: Here is my first police buckle - denazified as usual - complete with tab. Buckle and tab both marked for Freidrich Linden, 1940. There is an unusual marking on the tab that appears to be the

Default Denazified Aluminium Polizei Koppelschloss with tab - strange initials

Here is my first police buckle - denazified as usual - complete with tab. Buckle and tab both marked for Freidrich Linden, 1940.

There is an unusual marking on the tab that appears to be the conjoined letters "HD". These appear twice - once on the outer surface and once under the short end. I've no idea what these might represent - the owner's initials perhaps?

Denazified Aluminium Polizei Koppelschloss with tab - strange initialsDenazified Aluminium Polizei Koppelschloss with tab - strange initialsDenazified Aluminium Polizei Koppelschloss with tab - strange initialsDenazified Aluminium Polizei Koppelschloss with tab - strange initialsDenazified Aluminium Polizei Koppelschloss with tab - strange initialsDenazified Aluminium Polizei Koppelschloss with tab - strange initials
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Denazified Aluminium Polizei Koppelschloss with tab - strange initials   Denazified Aluminium Polizei Koppelschloss with tab - strange initials  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Denazified Aluminium Polizei Koppelschloss with tab - strange initials
    P
    Many

Default Re: Denazified Aluminium Polizei Koppelschloss with tab - strange initials

Yes unfortunately it has been de-nazified but is still a spectacular set with both leather tab and buckle well marked. I would say the HD would be the owner's initials.

Default Re: Denazified Aluminium Polizei Koppelschloss with tab - strange initials

I would agree also, even though denazified still a nice looking buckle
    Ben

Cheers reichss and Ben.

I really do like this one. I'd been after a police buckle for a while, with no luck, and saw this one, tab and all. Due to the raised central design, they look pretty good if denazified neatly (if that makes sense?).

I had my doubts about this one, as the seller's photos make the tab look brand new (it still sort of does, even in my pictures). But once I got it, the wear and age were obvious.

This might actually be my favourite buckle so far.

?

The only denazified buckle in my collection is a police buckle. I think a lot of the German Police just took the eagles off their Uniform and hats and removed them from their buckles and went on being cops. I think of the last part of Band of Brothers were German Police are working with American MPs.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Denazified Aluminium Polizei Koppelschloss with tab - strange initials   Denazified Aluminium Polizei Koppelschloss with tab - strange initials  

Last edited by kirby; 02-16-2012 at 05:46 AM.