MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Feuerschutzpolizei buckle

Article about: Gwar, when I find a CTD and/or Nowa RAD buckle I'll trade you for that nice tabbed Police buckle

?

Quote by Gwar View Post
    It does have some O.L.C. attributes in my opinion. g
    It could be, but to me, the prongs don't really look right for OLC, and they usually seem to have a circular area on the backside where the roundel is attached. It seems like a tough one to nail down.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Feuerschutzpolizei buckle
    P
    Many

?

Agree Rick, prongs do not look like my 2 piece OLC. Here is a Fire Police, pretty sure it is, I picked up a few months ago that is not a 2 piece. Gustav Bremer.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Feuerschutzpolizei buckle   Feuerschutzpolizei buckle  

?

Every Fire Police offerers buckle I have encounter has been OLC marked. Maybe OLC had a contract with the FP. Something else to look for on these FP EM buckles is variation in the size of the Motto and the swastika. Large swastika small motto. Small swastika with a larger motto.

?

Default Two buckles

Here are my examples.... Maybe not Polizei though.. G
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Feuerschutzpolizei buckle  

?

Nice buckles, Jeff and Gwar! I'd say that all are FP based on the finish. Gwar, is the tabbed buckle a one or two-piece aluminum example?

?

Default Polizei

Single, Aluminum E.F. Weidmann..G
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Feuerschutzpolizei buckle  

?

Quote by Gwar View Post
    Single, Aluminum E.F. Weidmann..G
    Thank you for the clarification! I thought it'd be a single piece type because of the tab, but you never know. Nice buckle! My only police buckle currently is this late war version:

?

A very unusual and distinctive pebbling pattern, I have encountered this type of pebbling before..
    Do you know the maker ?

?

Quote by Gwar View Post
    A very unusual and distinctive pebbling pattern, I have encountered this type of pebbling before..
    Do you know the maker ?
    Unfortunately, I don't know who made this buckle type. The tab is very cheap and poor quality ersatz leather, and the buckle itself is some type of kriegsmetall or pot metal. I've read some speculation that these were made in one of the occupied territories, but I have no idea if there's truth to that.

Here's a picture of the back:

The maker of these buckles is still unknown
    Ben

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast