Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Injection Molded Police

Article about: Hi guys, this buckle arrived today, last one for a while It has a broken prong but for the price I paid and how hard these are to come by I could not turn it down. I shown this to my college

Default Re: Injection Molded Police

Just got home guys and looked at the pics, I will take better ones at the weekend
    Ben

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Injection Molded Police
    P
    Many

Down here we call it 'kirksite' Ben and I personally have used it to pour moulds for clamps ( low heat but easy pouring, good detail )
    These buckle molds would probably not been a traditional injection die but a 'pour and clamp' style using a sliding core to make the 'bridge' for the hook.
    Cheers, Dan
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Cheers Dan, interesting info, when they made these they were probably experimenting with new technology
    Ben

Hi All. Here is my example of this injection-molded police buckle. I agree maker is R. Sieper and believe there are some other threads confirming this.

Best,
    Adam
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Injection Molded Police   Injection Molded Police  

Nice buckle mucker and yours has all it prongs
    Ben

Here we go chaps, much better pics of the buckle with lots more detail, have a look at the obverse pics of the buckle, look at the green bits, like I stated earlier in the thread these could be possible oxidisation of the copper bits in the alloy mixture. Also look at the sides of the buckle, nice and smooth and not pebbled, this has a real smooth feel too it, much smoother than aluminium
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Injection Molded Police   Injection Molded Police  

Injection Molded Police   Injection Molded Police  

Ben

?

Hi Ben

Great buckle! I really like the injection molded buckles too. The identification of Sieper as the manufacturer of this pattern rests on some Police examples that have a leather tongue. The stamp is faint on mine and difficult to photograph but it does show in the close up.

Kind regards
    Kurt

Injection Molded Police  

Cheers Kurt, I thought it was and mate that is one nice buckle my friend
    Ben

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2