MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Late War Police

Article about: Hi guys, well I have gone against my own principles and bought a none Heer buckle It is a very late war Police buckle with tab. Buckle is poorly made and is cast. the tab is actually leather

Default Late War Police

Hi guys, well I have gone against my own principles and bought a none Heer buckle It is a very late war Police buckle with tab. Buckle is poorly made and is cast. the tab is actually leather on this one, alot of them were made of compressed card/paper! There is no makers mark on it either. Sorry about the pictures guys, the weather here in the UK is crap today, it has been grey and overcast all day
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Late War Police   Late War Police  

Late War Police   Late War Police  

Ben

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Late War Police
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Late War Police

Quote by regiment739 View Post
    Hi guys, well I have gone against my own principles and bought a none Heer buckle It is a very late war Police buckle with tab. Buckle is poorly made and is cast. the tab is actually leather on this one, alot of them were made of compressed card/paper! There is no makers mark on it either. Sorry about the pictures guys, the weather here in the UK is crap today, it has been grey and overcast all day
    Hello Ben,
    I've never seen late war items made in aluminum, or can this one is just poorly quality early one? I've never seen the buckle like that. But I have seen Press-stoff material used in early items too...
    Anyway good item to have in collection.

Hi Dimas, I believe the metal is pot metal or Kriegs metal, it is niot good quality as is the buckle, but then that is understandable as late in the war everything was in short supply
    Ben

?

Hi Ben

Last saturday in Milano there was MILITARIA borse and there were about 300 traders from all European countries (do you know Regimental from London?). I bought Peter Nash "German belt Buckles 1845-1945 "book (do you know its?) , it seems interesting and in the Police buckle section, there are many types but no just like yours. Here in Italy there is a wonderful sunny weather! came here....................

By from Meclan

Hi Meclan, here are my bibles, there is a picture of my buckle without a tab in Angolias book page 409. The buckle is quite genuine and also rare, especially in tihis condition. Both books are very good for reference, if you are a keen buckle collector also get the Angolia book, it is a must
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Late War Police   Late War Police  

Ben

?

Default Offtop

Quote by meclan View Post
    Hi Ben

Last saturday in Milano there was MILITARIA borse and there were about 300 traders from all European countries (do you know Regimental from London?). I bought Peter Nash "German belt Buckles 1845-1945 "book (do you know its?) , it seems interesting and in the Police buckle section, there are many types but no just like yours. Here in Italy there is a wonderful sunny weather! came here....................

By from Meclan
    Happy peoples! In "warmest" Estonia is about -4 night, day about 0 C degrees, simply we got a winter in the past Oktober till May, approx 6-7 month is winter here or looks like a snowy swamp. Only 4 month here is good weather, but full of moscitos- Welcome to Estonia.

Sorry guys, but Italy sounds more appealing than Estonia, at least in the UK it gets warm sometimes, and NO mosquitos
    Ben

Unregistered
    ?

Nice buckle!

Many thanks
    Ben

Nice thanks also