Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Maurer Police Belt Buckle. Real or fake?

Article about: Hello, first time posting (sorry if in wrong thread), I have a belt buckle here the authenticity of which I am dubious. I have been snooping around on the forum but could not definitively de

?

Default Maurer Police Belt Buckle. Real or fake?

Hello, first time posting (sorry if in wrong thread), I have a belt buckle here the authenticity of which I am dubious. I have been snooping around on the forum but could not definitively decide. In particular the circular mark on the back of the buckle is something I have not seen elsewhere, what do you think?

Maurer Police Belt Buckle. Real or fake?Maurer Police Belt Buckle. Real or fake?Maurer Police Belt Buckle. Real or fake?Maurer Police Belt Buckle. Real or fake?Maurer Police Belt Buckle. Real or fake?Maurer Police Belt Buckle. Real or fake?

Sorry if the images do not show up

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Maurer Police Belt Buckle. Real or fake?
    P
    Many

?

Hello ADent, and welcome to the Forum. Your buckle is a very nice, original Mauer buckle. The stamping = JMO ( Julius Maurer, Oberstein) on the back of the buckle is an additional maker mark. Here is a thread you can review with an JMO buckle I have, and another thread with a buckle more like yours:

Gendarmerie Polizei Buckle - JMO 1941

Police by Julius Maurer

?

I would buy it in a heartbeat at the right price.

?

Hi weller,
    Thanks for the fast response. I saw your belt (it's a real beauty) while doing some research. Any idea what it'd be worth? I am not selling it, it is part of a museum collection and I'd like to know for our own records.

Thanks

?

Quote by ADent View Post
    Hi weller,
    Thanks for the fast response. I saw your belt (it's a real beauty) while doing some research. Any idea what it'd be worth? I am not selling it, it is part of a museum collection and I'd like to know for our own records.

Thanks
    Hard to say on value; prices are so different depending on where you purchase...price range $175-200 USD (+) or (-) $25.

?

Quote by weller View Post
    Hard to say on value; prices are so different depending on where you purchase...price range $175-200 USD (+) or (-) $25.
    Thanks, it's always a relief to verify artifacts are real (we just tossed a bunch of fake ghetto/concentration camp armbands) and I really did not want to have to bin such a nice buckle lol

Hello and welcome, a very nice buckle in very good condition. These JMO buckles are faked but yous is a nice original
    Ben

Here in another for reference
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Maurer Police Belt Buckle. Real or fake?   Maurer Police Belt Buckle. Real or fake?  

Maurer Police Belt Buckle. Real or fake?   Maurer Police Belt Buckle. Real or fake?  

Maurer Police Belt Buckle. Real or fake?   Maurer Police Belt Buckle. Real or fake?  

Ben

?

Quote by Ben Evans View Post
    Hello and welcome, a very nice buckle in very good condition. These JMO buckles are faked but yous is a nice original
    Sure enough, post #7 in the fakes thread is a JMO...

?

Thanks for all the help guys, what a great and helpful community there is here!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast