Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

New police belt

Article about: First sorry my IPad messed up with the pics if someone could rotate them it would be much appreciated. Well back from vacation today and thought hey, maybe I should drop by my local ww2 mili

Default New police belt

First sorry my IPad messed up with the pics if someone could rotate them it would be much appreciated. Well back from vacation today and thought hey, maybe I should drop by my local ww2 military dealers booth at my local antique store. Because I helped him move some stuff out last week. Then the next thing I knew I was out 125 dollars and have this nice "owner named" 1938 wilh lange berlin c2 marked police belt and buckle. hope you guys like
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture New police belt   New police belt  

New police belt   New police belt  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement New police belt
    P
    Many

Default Re: New police belt

there are some people that say it on their web sites that they are ss police belt buckles, and some that are just police, so i guess what im trying to ask is, were there ss police units? did they use these buckles or ss buckles?

?

There are ss police units but without knowing who the soldier was or what unit he was in there is no way you could 100 percent confirm the buckle to be ss

Quote by warbuff View Post
    First sorry my IPad messed up with the pics if someone could rotate them it would be much appreciated. Well back from vacation today and thought hey, maybe I should drop by my local ww2 military dealers booth at my local antique store. Because I helped him move some stuff out last week. Then the next thing I knew I was out 125 dollars and have this nice "owner named" 1938 wilh lange berlin c2 marked police belt and buckle. hope you guys like
    When you say Owner Named do you mean the name of the belt owner. If so you could research his name in archives and possibly find his unit this is difficult and sometimes there is a fee I have seen it done. And often there is some doubt that you have the actual guy your looking for. You have a standard police Dress or parade four prong buckle meant for light duty. The center piece or belt catch of these would not hold a lot of weight and tore easily see "Peter Nash German belt buckles book" so worn mostly for dress walking out and parades. Nice set though timothy

?

The Police, Postschutz and some other organizations were under the control of the SS. I wouldn't consider most of their items to be SS. A lot of dealers like to associate Police with SS so they can ask more money. You will find some Police officers buckles with SS proof marks and the second pattern Police brocade is the same as the SS but with Police green backing. These are items that bring a premium because of the SS association but in general a Police buckle has nothing to do with the SS.

Yes the owner wrote his name on the inside of the hell here is a pic. It is very faded, I can't make it out
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture New police belt  

?

Not much luck here I cannot make it out, very faded not sure there is any way of bringing the letters up without hurting the belt