Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Police Belt Buckle: Real or Fake?

Article about: I was in Spain this month browsing around the market area and found what looked to be a collector selling off numerous militaria items from the Spanish Civil War. Somehow, this Nazi belt buc

Default Police Belt Buckle: Real or Fake?

I was in Spain this month browsing around the market area and found what looked to be a collector selling off numerous militaria items from the Spanish Civil War. Somehow, this Nazi belt buckle slipped in so I decided to pick it up thinking it showed some honest wear to it. I figure it to be a police buckle and I'm not sure if it's real or fake. If it is indeed real, can anyone give me any info on what kind of police used these buckles?

Thanks for the help!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Police Belt Buckle: Real or Fake?
    P
    Many

Default Re: Police Belt Buckle: Real or Fake?

I dont like it, I believe it is a fake
    Ben

Hi Ben,

Is this unusual?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Police Belt Buckle: Real or Fake?  

Oh well, looks like I could very well have gotten duped! Got to be more careful with antique stores in the future I guess. What had me was the rust and dirt that presented itself in all the crevices. What exactly has struck you guys about it so I know for future reference?

Heres a few more pics:

Here are a few similar fakes from the rouges gallery, look at the same ears, catch and crimp from the folding tool
    Attached Images Attached Images Police Belt Buckle: Real or Fake?  Police Belt Buckle: Real or Fake?  Police Belt Buckle: Real or Fake?  Police Belt Buckle: Real or Fake?  Police Belt Buckle: Real or Fake?  Police Belt Buckle: Real or Fake?  Police Belt Buckle: Real or Fake? 
    Ben