Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Police Buckle? with belt Original?

Article about: Hello everyone: I know I haven't really been around much, but life keeps us busy and well lets face it... this stuff cost money and work is related... I'll figure it out someday. Anyway, I g

Default Police Buckle? with belt Original?

Hello everyone:

I know I haven't really been around much, but life keeps us busy and well lets face it... this stuff cost money and work is related... I'll figure it out someday.

Anyway,

I got these from a guy who has had them for quite some time, but has no idea what it is and told me I could keep it. He's an old friend of my fathers and well he's been through so many auctions, sales, and shows that I doubt he remembers who it came from.

I think its a police belt buckle, but is it real? It is made of aluminum.

Also some ammo pouches came with it.

Thanks again,
    Cody

Order got all messed up.. sorry!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Police Buckle? with belt  Original?   Police Buckle? with belt  Original?  

Police Buckle? with belt  Original?   Police Buckle? with belt  Original?  

Police Buckle? with belt  Original?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Police Buckle? with belt  Original?
    P
    Many

Default Re: Police Buckle? with belt Original?

Cody, I like the whole set up and fantastic pics you have posted, you can blow them up and get a good image of all the detail, the two piece buckle has a lot of its original frosting on it, nice wear to it in conjunction with the belt. Probably reissued to a police man late war period for a guess, he would have his K98 with a single ammo pouch.
    Ben

Thanks Ben!
    Well detail is everything in our world so I try my best to show it all. The guy who gave it to me asked me why they felt so "Toy like", and I didn't really have an answer for him. Do you know why they feel that way?
    So the belt, buckle, and 98 pouches are all good, thats great!

Cody, the belt and buckle are parade wear or walking out, not really designed for load carrying, I would presume also he would have had his bread bag and feldflasche also hanging off the belt. The combat type M36 and M44 belts were much more robust to withstand the rigors of combat. Also in 1940 aluminium buckles were withdrawn and replaced with the steel buckle. Again due to the shortage of aluminium and expensive of it, also they found aluminium buckles were literally wearing away with use amongst the front line troops. Hope this kinda makes sense
    Ben

?

Everything looks good but I have never seen a four tab buckle that was off center like this one.

Quote by kirby View Post
    buckle that was off center like this one.
    That did cross my mind
    Ben

Well, what does that mean... just a werid fact about the buckle or does that say something else?
    I've never held an original Police buckle, so Im taking your word on this buckle haha.

Could be a makers error, hard to call, but the wear your buckle has and with the silver wash etc to be is a nice buckle I would have it in my collection
    Ben