MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Post War Berlin Police

Article about: Hi all, just thought this might be of interest. Nothing special just a post war Berlin Police buckle, I actually bought it as I was interested in the standard of post war buckles in comparis

Default Post War Berlin Police

Hi all, just thought this might be of interest. Nothing special just a post war Berlin Police buckle, I actually bought it as I was interested in the standard of post war buckles in comparison to the TR era ones. With the pebbled rear I actually thought the buckle might have been made by Assmann but was pleasantly surprised when it turned up it is actually marked with the OLC Overhoff markings. It seems to me that these postwar buckles are very robust and strong, the catches seem so much more well made. Anyone any comments or post war buckle to add? It would be interesting to see if there were any other makers of postwar buckles, I pressume Assmann made post war buckles and CTD made the postwar nightwatchmen buckle.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Post War Berlin Police   Post War Berlin Police  

Post War Berlin Police   Post War Berlin Police  

Ben

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Post War Berlin Police
    P
    Many

Default Re: Post War Berlin Police

Ben...a pair of Bundeswehr buckles, one attached to a black belt (Obtained from a retired Oberstleutnant) the other a loose buckle with attached tab...both IMO are from the late 1960's, and both are OLC Overhoff mm, even the securing catch on the other end of the belt is marked OLC...see photographs. These belts and buckles where issued from the late 1950's, unlike Imperial, Reichsheer or TR belt/tabs they are unmarked, no dates or leather mm's so they are difficult to date. As you say strong robust construction.....but rarely worn in the BW ! and all ranks wore the same design belt and buckle, worn by all services in the BW, Army & LW silver buckle, Marine (Navy) gold, as did Generals of all branches.
    Prost ! Steve.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Post War Berlin Police   Post War Berlin Police  

Post War Berlin Police   Post War Berlin Police  

Post War Berlin Police  

Another OLC-marked example, this is a 1990s-era German Red Cross buckle. (Worn by yours truly.)

Post War Berlin Police
    Post War Berlin Police

Many thanks guys Steve at the moment I am looking for BW buckles that are marked, I have seen there are two types, one with the "old" style catch and one with a new lock system, I have seen one of them with a OLC makers mark on them. I will get them for examples to use on the forum so if you know of any send me the link please mate
    Ben

Ben..by "new system" are you referring to HPL2008 DRK buckle fastening system above ? mean while here are two photos showing the belt and buckle I show being worn and its predecessor (1958), if any one has this type of belt please post in BW section, even better if you can sell me one !
    Prost ! Steve.

No Steve, its the same as the early BW but the catch is different, I will try and find you a pic
    Ben

Ben

Ben...just checked my BW combat belt (It was on a mannaquin), issued early 60's worn thro to late 80's-early 90's, a webbing belt with an olive drab painted plain brass pebbled buckle, (no insignia stamped thereon), it too is an OLC made item, it also features a similiar fastening system to the DRK buckle above.....the one you show on e-bay has a similiar system to both the combat and DRK buckles...I do not have an example.
    Prost ! Steve.

Post War Berlin Police  

Attachment 296574Attachment 296575Post War Berlin PoliceBen..I have posted the e-bay images of the "new type", for reference.....
    Prost ! Steve.

?

I am sure the my bundeswher buckle is Assman.....small "A" stamp....problem is, I won't have access to it for 15 months a it is in storage 1000 ks away....

On a side note I do have east German badges with Assman markings

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast