Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Respectfully request expert opinions on police buckle

Article about: Hey guys, My name is Jeff B. and i'm pretty new to the forum. I usually just use forum to research and read & haven't ever asked help yet. I'm not by any means hardcore collector but com

Default Respectfully request opinions on police buckle

Hey guys, My name is Jeff B. and i'm pretty new to the forum. I usually just use forum to research and read & haven't ever asked help yet. I'm not by any means hardcore collector but come across items from time to time. I try to research as much as I can on item before I think of asking for help,but I'm not gonna kid myself about how much I know and probably will always 2nd guess myself when it comes to originality of items. Besides,with the array of experienced members on this site wouldn't I be dumb not to take advantage of that? Anyways thanks in advance and here's what I got. This police buckle acquired by my father at auction. No history or story with it. It weighs approx. 21.63gms or 0.76ozs. The box is 2 9/16" x 1 15/16",the post sleeve and prongs are magnetic but the rest is not. I really have my doubts about this one because it feels really light in hand,in one of pics you can see a gap where the roundrel fits to the box, the ears look a little crappy almost like someone used a handtool to bend them,the prongs do not open past being perpendicular with the back plate because the roller is impeded by the ears from opening all the way. I know aluminum buckles are light but this one seems like to crappy of craftsmanship to be German quality. I really like Bens posts on how to tell fake buckles & belts posts extremely good and helpful. Very good for newbies like myself to read and learn before just posting for help!Thanks for any help! Jeff oh, and no maker marks either.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Respectfully request expert opinions on police buckle   Respectfully request expert opinions on police buckle  

Respectfully request expert opinions on police buckle   Respectfully request expert opinions on police buckle  

Last edited by Rigormortis; 06-04-2012 at 03:07 AM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Respectfully request expert opinions on police buckle
    P
    Many

Default Re: Respectfully request expert opinions on police buckle

I don't see a problem with this buckle

?

Neither do I , i think someone has bent the ears back but you best not try to bend them back, apart from that i think its ok

I appreciate the quick replies guys, I am pleased to hear your opinions. I guess i just assume everythings a fake first and tend to be skeptical of most everything, there's also a belt that my dad said came with this which is in the mail to me. Dont know why they were separated but will post pics as soon as i get if anyone wouldnt mind looking those over as well. Thanks again guys!

?

buckle as mine
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Respectfully request expert opinions on police buckle   Respectfully request expert opinions on police buckle  

thats for the clarifying picture.

Hello,

i see no red flags on this buckle .

But you must know that exist several production variants because manufacturer differentials .
    Regards ,
    Markus

I'm searching for
    Buckles 3.Reich

special SA/NSKK/NSFK with maker marks

Link to my collection : http://www.warrelics.eu/forum/album.php?albumid=1175

good to know, thanks Markus