Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Ukrainian Security Police Buckle

Article about: Hi Guys, I saw this pic on E bay. It did not sell. But I thought it worth posting here for the buckle. Cheers, Ade.

Default Ukrainian Security Police Buckle

Hi Guys, I saw this pic on E bay. It did not sell. But I thought it worth posting here for the buckle.

Cheers, Ade.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Ukrainian Security Police Buckle  
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Ukrainian Security Police Buckle
    P
    Many

Wow...I can't say that I've ever in my lifetime seen such a belt for sale or otherwise. I'm thinking that alot of people would willingly give their eye teeth for such a set.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Cheers Ade, I will blow up the picture when I get chance and try and gte a good look at the buckle. Are these guys used by the TR or is the buckle a Ukrain buckle?
    Ben

?

That is a very interesting buckle. Have not seen one like it before.

Would like to see one in a collection one day!!

Hi Ben, they are in German service. Note the cuff title on the guy on the left.

Cheers, Ade.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Ukrainian Security Police Buckle  
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

The tunic also looks like a M42 in design, I will have a top have good look into this Ade
    Ben

?

The symbol is the national symbol or coat of arms of Ukraine. The Trident or Falcon symbol was reinstated in 1992.

Its more than a 1000 yrs old and though having been through several design stages never lost its basic form.

The trident or Tryzub was also used, in conjunction with the Russian tricolor, as the symbol of the anti-communist movement National Alliance of Russian Solidarists in the early 20th century. Furthermore the Tryzub is heavily used in the military heraldry of the Italian Army to commemorate the Italian participation on the Eastern Front during World War II. At least 36 units of the Italian Army carry the Tryzub in their Coat of Arms, as they were awarded a Medal for Military Valor during their service on the territory of Ukraine.

A three-fingered hand salute is sometimes used to mimic the Tryzub; for example in pro-independence demonstrations in the late 1980s and in the logo of the (Ukrainian) Svoboda party.

As a sidenote see the trident symbol here retrofitted post 1990 to this military badge, that I picked up in a market in Lviv (Ukraine).

A crude hole has simply been drilled through the badge and two pins attached to the trident folds out to each side on the back of the badge to to hold the trident firmly in place.
    Attached Images Attached Images Ukrainian Security Police Buckle 

Another Ukrainian police image but from Bundesarchiv.

Ukrainian Security Police Buckle
    I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.

The two men in the first photograph are low-ranking policemen with the Ukrainian Police in the Generalgouvernement's District of Galicia [Distrikt Galizien]; incorporated into the GG as its fifth district after the German invasion of the Soviet Union in 1941. The cuff title say "GENERALGOUVERNEMENT".

The men in the second photograph are Ukrainian personnel believed to be part of the OT-Schutzkommando Ost, a security service affilitated with the Organisation Todt. In any case, the photograph's original caption refers to them as the Ukrainian guard detail of a peat works [Die ukrainische Wachmannschaft des Torfwerkes], see: File:Bundesarchiv Bild 146-1982-161-01A, Ukrainische Wachmannschaft eines Torfwerks.jpg - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Totally different personnel, the 2 photos. I would like to see a close up of the large sleeve patches the 2nd group have on.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast