Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Australian made camo jacket

Article about: I saw this jacket advertised. Australian made but not a type I am familiar with. Melbourne made, does Rene know anything about this one?

Default Australian made camo jacket

I saw this jacket advertised. Australian made but not a type I am familiar with. Melbourne made, does Rene know anything about this one?

Australian made camo jacketAustralian made camo jacket

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Australian made camo jacket
    P
    Many

Sorry Anderson, this one has me stumped, I could only guess that it could be a trials type before the adoption of Auscam?
    Interesting piece here.

Any chance the company is still around and you could contact them to ask?

would think there would be a government stamp. or number.?

might be a camping store.

Yes, it looks like Loaders are the manufacturer. I note on that website they've been in business since 1948 and there doesn't seem to be a similar jacket in their current inventory. What I have noticed in NZ military equipment contracts is that camping goods manufacturers often do fill military contracts. On example is the company Katmandu made NZ Army DPM shirts and trousers in the 1990's. I've no idea if that was the case with this jacket but the Rene's idea of some sort of prototype is intriguing.

?

Pseudo military clothing in my opinion. For paint ballers etc. Zero contract info as Geelong noted.

the Australian army also use a work wear company to make some of its cloths hard yakka makes work cloths and work boots mainly for civilian work wear.
    Hard Yakka is an Australian clothing company. It was founded in 1935 as D. K. Laidlaw & Sons Pty Ltd, but later adopted the name "Yakka", reportedly derived from an Aboriginal word for work. The name has since has entered the Australian vocabulary.
    not shore how far back they made military clothing but i have a 1965 army issue shirt with there brand on it. with broad arrow stamp.

has a very similar pattern to the french camo.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast