Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

British Pattern 58 Webbing

Article about: Here's my basic set, crap shots, can't make out most of the dates/mfg makers but I can make out one WW2 manufacturer! Never really played with each individual item as they've always been ass

Default British Pattern 58 Webbing

Here's my basic set, crap shots, can't make out most of the dates/mfg makers but I can make out one WW2 manufacturer!
    Never really played with each individual item as they've always been assembled. Now I'll have to whack it all together again... Wifey.... Not a common set to find easily down here.
    Post up what you all have - Please.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement British Pattern 58 Webbing
    P
    Many

okie I won't need the Wifey for the reassemble

Hey this picture is, thankfully one I took awhile ago! for my reference!!! Quick release bits are something I haven't come across before in Aust/US kit.

is that the rare '59 pattern Axminster Ground Sheet underneath? Those things are REALLY rare in that pattern....and the colours, particularly the reds and golds, have stayed strong too....you need to keep that baby away from sunlight (and bird cr@p) :-)

....'nice webbing too.....

Quote by Composite View Post
    is that the rare '59 pattern Axminster Ground Sheet underneath? Those things are REALLY rare in that pattern....and the colours, particularly the reds and golds, have stayed strong too....you need to keep that baby away from sunlight (and bird cr@p) :-)

....'nice webbing too.....
    Good spot, right from the river bank, rolled up daily in a SS zelt thingy!

British Pattern 58 WebbingAny of this get you excited?

Good stuff BlackCat, nicer than my set.

Quote by reneblacky View Post
    Good stuff BlackCat, nicer than my set.
    No one I know is interested in this kit, we actually gave two bin loads of it away recently rather than taking it to the landfill.

Quote by BlackCat1982 View Post
    No one I know is interested in this kit, we actually gave two bin loads of it away recently rather than taking it to the landfill.
    Cheers nice to know, spose I'll not post any post WW2 UK bits as it's just junk up north!

Webbing is a difficult one....it doesn't display well (without a mannequin and all the other uniform bits....expense and space issues), it's big, bulky and, colour-wise, boring (no badges, shiny stuff....although often the stamps applied are a work of art!). Plus, from a UK point of view, there's loads of Brit kit knocking around. Stuff like this has to be MADE interesting....who were the makers, colour variants, stamps applied, customisations, strengths / weaknesses, where was it used.........

The complexities of it's construction always interest me......but I think it's fair to say I can look back at the sets I've had and wish I'd've reserved the storage space for other stuff (but try selling it once you've bought it! :-) )

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast