Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

The Global War on Terrorism ( GWOT )

Article about: With the changing times and political climate around the world military operations have shifted to the fight against terrorism as we all know this has been at the forefront of the news over

?

Default The Global War on Terrorism ( GWOT )

With the changing times and political climate around the world military operations have shifted to the fight against terrorism as we all know this has been at the forefront of the news over the last few years.
    According to the Global Terrorism Index 2018, compiled by the Institute for Economics & Peace (IEP),Of the 18,814 deaths caused by terrorists around the world last year, well over half were due to the actions of just four groups: Islamic State, the Taliban, Al-Shabaab and Boko Haram.
    These four organisations were responsible for 10,632 deaths in 2017 Their actions directly contributed to the instability of what are some of the most dangerous countries in the world, including Afghanistan, Iraq, Nigeria, Somalia and Syria over the past decade they have accounted for 44% of all terrorist deaths.
    -Islamic State – 4,350 deaths in 2017
    -The Taliban – 3,571 deaths in 2017
    -Al-Shabaab – 1,457 deaths in 2017
    -Boko Haram – 1,254 deaths in 2017
    Beyond these four deadly organisations, myriad other terrorist groups are active around the world last year, a total of 169 groups were responsible for at least one death, but more than 130 others also carried out attacks.
    Many of these groups are small but some are large, including Al-Qaida which is thought to have 30,000 fighters across 17 countries in the Middle East and Africa.
    My own collecting interests have somewhat shifted with the changing times as well in regards to helmets and equipment used to fight the Global War On Terrorism and I would be interested to see what other members have in there collections..
    I have been concentrating mainly on wars and or operations in the Middle East, Southeast Asia and the constant struggle of the Israeli nation to keep its foothold on it's nation and territories with a keen interest on the ever changing political climate in Central Europe such as the war in the Balkans and the political unrest in the Ukraine

And to kick off this thread I thought I would share one of my Canadian Cadpat Arid combat uniform as worn by Canadian Field Medic Leblanc from his time in Afghanistan, a cutdown boonie patrol cap and complete Tactical Combat Casualty Care ( TCCC ) Arid drop leg medical bag with complete contents...

Regards Mark
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture The Global War on Terrorism ( GWOT )   The Global War on Terrorism ( GWOT )  

The Global War on Terrorism ( GWOT )   The Global War on Terrorism ( GWOT )  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement The Global War on Terrorism ( GWOT )
    P
    Many

?

Aftermarket Tac vest by Tactical Taylor this particular example is said to have done a couple of tours in Afghanistan with a medic..And is sporting a mix of different manufactured pouches by Drop zone,Tactical Taylor, CTOMS Medics pouch and a couple of issued examples..

Regards Mark
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture The Global War on Terrorism ( GWOT )   The Global War on Terrorism ( GWOT )  

?

A new additions inbound this week that will fit in well with my Canadian Afghan medic display pretty happy to have closed a deal on this nice Canadian used shoulder rig/holster with provenance yesterday...
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture The Global War on Terrorism ( GWOT )  

It’s a great piece of history you have there Mark and in very good hands Like you I’m also fascinated and drawn to recent conflicts and the war on terror but apart from a few Mk6As and one Mk7 that’s it for me. At the moment I’m in a Middle Eastern phase of collecting (mainly Iraqi) which was the cause of the past and present trouble in the Middle East. For me it sort of stops at 2003 as I’m still stuck in the last century when it comes to collecting as I’m still more drawn to pieces from conventional wars and Cold War WW1 WW2 etc. I do love the area you are collecting in right now Mark and it’s great to see the highly collectible helmets/militaria of the future in your hands

UK gulf war II op Telic 4 bring back Iraqi helmet M80 and unit flag signed & dated 2004 by some members of 33A A company (HQ) 1st Bn Black Watch Royal Highland regiment, dated on the halyard end 2003 along with official issue stamps.

The Global War on Terrorism ( GWOT )  
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

?

Thanx for contributing to the thread Jerry love the flag btw...
    Up next Hi Cut Ballistic compo as manufactured by ( SDS ) Specialty Defence Systems inc it is said to have seen service overseas with a member of ( MARSOC ) Marine Corps Special Operations Command it has been nicely outfitted with Team Wendy Epic Padding, Arc rails and a Ops-Core ACH Head-Loc four point retention system with improved H-nape strap..
    All topped off with a Ops-Core Maritime fast cover, Tan Norotos 3- hole low profile shroud and a Norotos 2007 dated AKA2 NVG mount...

Regards Mark

?

Beret to the Canadian Special Operations Regiment ( CSOR )
    The unit was officially formed on the 13 of August 2006 and traces its origins to the 1st Special Service Force ( FSSF ) Devil's Brigade. They operate as a special forces unit as part of the Canadian Special Operations Forces Command structure..
    There role is not limited but includes conducting complex and or difficult raids, capturing strategic facilities, undertaking reconnaissance..
    The Regiment maintained a presence in Afghanistan from 2006 through 2014 this particular beret is sporting an officers cap badge to the Princess Patricia's Canadian light Infantry ( PPCLI )..

Regards Mark

?

Canadian first variation CG634 composite helmet this particular example is sporting a first pattern Canadian Arid Region digital camouflage pattern, or CADPAT (AR) cover the pattern was first Introduced in 2002,and has been employed by Canadian Forces serving in Afghanistan and other desert/arid regions around the globe...
    Take not that the helmet has as well been fitted with two elasticated helmet bands the smaller/narrower of the two being a general issue item with cats eye luminescent strips sewn at the rear..
    The wider band shown from my understanding were only issued out in the theatre of operations in Afghanistan and are fitted with sewn on Infrared markers and are extremely hard to source in the civilian marketplace all examples I have seen and or come across were direct Canadian soldier bring backs from overseas service..

Regards Mark

CBH
    ?

As always Mark great stuff, love the beret.

?

Thanx Chris now if I can only find one badged to the Canadian Special Operations Regiment I would be properly ecstatic it is my understanding that the cap badge/cloth title is still strictly controlled this particular beret came from a friend that new an officer that was a serving member..

Regards Mark

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast