Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

post WWII British para helmets

Article about: Got a few of these now and got a new addition today, post WWII HSAT (He4lmets Steel Airborne Troops) MKII. this type was first introduced in 193 becoming more common by 1944, with further ba

Default post WWII British para helmets

Got a few of these now and got a new addition today, post WWII HSAT (Helmets Steel Airborne Troops) MKII. this type was first introduced in 1943 becoming more common by 1944, with further batches of production in the 1950's and then again in the 1970's. this latest example appears to be from the last production run, being uncertainly dated 1974, by CWL.

It was on ebay as a WWII Arnheim dug up, but the makers marking on the dome pad showed it was not and I messaged the seller the bad news as he had bought it at auction as WWII. He bought it as Arnhem but seemingly was perhaps done, though I don't know what he paid for it and originally had it listed at £120 which is probably a bit cheap if it had been correct WWII. Anyway he kept dropping the price until it was low enough for me to buy such a rust bucket relic, knowing it was well post war.

I actually quite like it and in the end it was a good price imo.

The next decision is how best to treat it to preserve it!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture post WWII British para helmets   post WWII British para helmets  

post WWII British para helmets   post WWII British para helmets  

Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement post WWII British para helmets
    P
    Many

Looking forward to seeing that.

Congrats

You will start a lively thread asking "how best to treat it to preserve it". Everyone will have an opinion.

Quote by Anderson View Post
    You will start a lively thread asking "how best to treat it to preserve it". Everyone will have an opinion.
    Indeed......
    Regards,

Jerry

Another HSAT MKII, this one is wartime with post war reuse.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture post WWII British para helmets   post WWII British para helmets  

Regards,

Jerry

1950's HSAT MKII, lovely subdued camo paint on it.

Regards,

Jerry

I did some cleaning on the relic shell from the start of the this thread and it can be seen more clearly that it has some painted id numbers and perhaps letters inside the dome. It has 826 on one side and DB on the other, last three of his army numer and his initials I guess.

Regards,

Jerry

As ~I mentioned in my last post, I did some stabilization work on the rusty relic that started this thread and showed pics of the underside, here are some of the exterior.

I did enough to, hopefully, delay if not top further degradation but I will monitor it to see if further work is needed.

Regards,

Jerry