Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

US Contract Uniforms for Foreign Nations?

Article about: I've been curious if anyone has examples of uniforms contracted by the US government, and supplied to friendly allies. I've heard talk of the US supplying uniforms to Saudi Arabia, Post-occu

Default US Contract Uniforms for Foreign Nations?

I've been curious if anyone has examples of uniforms contracted by the US government, and supplied to friendly allies.

I've heard talk of the US supplying uniforms to Saudi Arabia, Post-occupation Iraqi and Afghan Police/Military units, and other allies around the world, often manufactured by the same companies who make clothing for the US Military (Propper, American Apparel, etc). NSN numbers and digging into records often uncovers vague references to contracts for military aid to other countries.

An example can be seen here: ID These Field Pants - UNIFORMS - U.S. Militaria Forum

and here: Iraqi National Police Blue Digital Camo - Middle East Militaria

Does anyone have any other examples of this type of thing? I don't know if anyone specifically collects it, but it would be interesting to see all the different types of things the US had domestic companies manufacture for foreign nations!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement US Contract Uniforms for Foreign Nations?
    P
    Many

The Royal Netherlands Marine Corps still uses Woodland BDU's, made on their own contract in the US. The only difference with the old standard US BDU is the added shoulder straps. It's slowly being phased out now though.