Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

US Trousers Shell Field M-1951

Article about: Just fossicking around the junk room and found this forgotten pair!! contract 24th April '53

Default US Trousers Shell Field M-1951

Just fossicking around the junk room and found this forgotten pair!! contract 24th April '53

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement US Trousers Shell Field M-1951
    P
    Many

I was issued a pair of these, but never tried them on because they didn't look like they'd fit, plus I didn't want to clean them when I had to turn them back in. There was a pair of braces that they issued that went with them.

Quote by Stinkpotpete View Post
    I was issued a pair of these, but never tried them on because they didn't look like they'd fit, plus I didn't want to clean them when I had to turn them back in. There was a pair of braces that they issued that went with them.
    Cheers Paul for chiming in, you were issued these so late, very interesting.

I was in the national guard at the time, and we only had left overs. Most of our unit was still wearing the OD uniform while the regulars were getting the woodland camouflage uniforms. I think the newest thing I had was an M1956 e-tool lol

I was issued 2 pairs of these pants and 2 sets of OD green suspenders as part of our winter gear at Ft Campbell, KY in 1984. We were issued 2 pairs of these for part of our "Cold wet" Winter uniform along with the fishtail parka, liner, winter pile cap and VB (Vapor Barrier) boots aka "Mickey Mouse" boots. These pants were worn over the Battle Dress uniform and they worked relatively good, provided you dressed in the layering that was taught during the cold weather classes.. Underwear, long underwear, BDU pants, field pants with suspenders, cotton socks, OD green socks and finally the VB boots.. In some cases there were also "bootie like slippers" that could be worn and then the boots...It all depended on what type of activity was going to be done outside.. If stationary such as on guard detail, then all the layers,, if training and moving around a lot then the layers would be less to prevent overeating.... When I went to both Alaska and Italy for Cold Weather schools these pants and other items were again issued in addition to the "Cold dry" winter uniform which by 1987 was the gortex system. The brown bear suit replaced the thermal underwear that we wore and poly pro long johns were also used but these in my opinion were not as good as the old white thermal underwear due to the polyester material.. The OD cargo pants by this time in the late 80's and early 90s were in the BDU pattern to keep up with the then current Army uniforms..

Smitty

Thank You Paul & Smitty for the detail on usage! really didn't expect such replies!!

Anytime Rene,,

Best regards

Smitty

I try to make myself useful when I can lol Glad I could help Rene

You contribute a great deal here Stinkpot...

Thank you for your service and for sharing your knowledge with us

Smitty

I remember buying a pair of these from a local army and navy shop, bloody tough pants they lasted for years.