Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

WWII Vet KIA in Korea

Article about: Hello everyone, I came across an interesting trunk the other day and thought that I'd share some interesting research on it. It is a trunk that was sent to the wife of Captain Kenneth Brown

?

Default WWII Vet KIA in Korea

Hello everyone,

I came across an interesting trunk the other day and thought that I'd share some interesting research on it. It is a trunk that was sent to the wife of Captain Kenneth Brown with his personal effects. Captain Brown was killed in action Korea on June 2, 1951 and was awarded the DSC for heroism. I've included information about the battle in which he was killed and award citation. I am still trying to find additional information about his service in WWII beyond what is mentioned in the article that I have included. Thanks for looking. I'll be out-of -town next week with no computer access so please don't take that as a no response.

Tom

Brown, Kenneth E. (posthumous)
    Department of the Army
    General Orders No. 102 - November 27, 1951

The President of the United States of America, under the provisions of the Act of Congress approved July 9, 1918, takes pride in presenting the
    Distinguished Service Cross (Posthumously) to Captain (Infantry) Kenneth E. Brown (ASN: 0-1304844), United States Army, for extraordinary
    heroism in connection with military operations against an armed enemy of the United Nations while serving as Commanding Officer of
    Company L, 3d Battalion, 24th Infantry Regiment, 25th Infantry Division. Captain Brown distinguished himself by extraordinary heroism in action
    against enemy aggressor forces at Idong-Myon, Korea, on 1 and 2 June 1951. On that date, when leading elements of his attacking company
    were stopped by hostile fire, Captain Brown continued the advance. Using his pistol and throwing grenades, he personally eliminated an
    enemy machine-gun and two automatic rifles and killed three and captured one of the enemy. Under his aggressive leadership, his company
    resumed the advance and secured its objective. Within two hours the enemy launched determined counterattacks. Throughout the night,
    although twice wounded, he moved among his men, encouraging them to hold on. When ammunition became low, he gathered and distributed
    enemy weapons and ammunition. Personally participating in the fighting with any weapon available, and finally with clubbed rifle and his fists,
    Captain Brown continued to set an inspiring example to his men until he was killed by a burst of machine-gun fire. As a result of his unflinching
    courage and inspiring leadership, the position was maintained and a heavy toll of dead and wounded inflicted upon the enemy. Captain Brown's
    heroic action reflects the highest credit on himself and upholds the finest traditions of the military service.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WWII Vet KIA in Korea   WWII Vet KIA in Korea  

WWII Vet KIA in Korea   WWII Vet KIA in Korea  

WWII Vet KIA in Korea   WWII Vet KIA in Korea  

Attached Images Attached Images WWII Vet KIA in Korea  WWII Vet KIA in Korea 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement WWII Vet KIA in Korea
    P
    Many