Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Postschutz Variant

Article about: Hello guys This is an interesting buckle from the collection I purchased last month. From the photos I thought reproduction. Angolia and Nash didn't say thing about a brass and nickel Postsc

?

Default Postschutz Variant

Hello guys

This is an interesting buckle from the collection I purchased last month. From the photos I thought reproduction. Angolia and Nash didn't say thing about a brass and nickel Postschutz. Reid's book said there is a private purchase brass and nickel Postschutz. Yesterday I pulled out Angolia's old 1982 edition of Belts & Brocades of the Third Reich and on page 166 is the buckle. If you compair the scratches you will see this is the same buckle. The buckle is credited to Saris. I think this may be Wilhelm Saris who is an author and posts on the forums. Hopefully he will see the thread and join in.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Postschutz  Variant   Postschutz  Variant  

Postschutz  Variant   Postschutz  Variant  

Postschutz  Variant  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Postschutz  Variant
    P
    Many

Default Re: Postschutz Variant

A very nice buckle Kirby, the box is for sure original, does the roundel look aged, fit right look right etc? First Postshutz I have ever seen made like this thanks for posting
    Ben

?

The roundel is aged and worn. This is the buckle that is pictured in the book so it is a least 30 years old but is it 70 years old?
    Last edited by kirby; 05-01-2014 at 08:39 PM.

Hello ,

IMO a realy early nice buckle .

Roundel looks like nickel silver .
    Regards ,
    Markus

I'm searching for
    Buckles 3.Reich

special SA/NSKK/NSFK with maker marks

Link to my collection : http://www.warrelics.eu/forum/album.php?albumid=1175

Yes, this is indeed a buckle from my old collection with a great nickel silver inset. Great to see it again after at least 25 years.
    The reason why Angolia did not include it in his booklet was that he may have thought it could be no good buckle (but what is the quality of the knowledge of him and Nash?).
    The buckle is 100% original. I got it from a former employee from the Berg & Nolte concern in the mid-seventies. He kept it in a box with all kinds of insignia and other junk and
    maybe for this reason there are so many scratches. He told me the soldering points were typical for this concern.

Wim, was the buckle made by Berge & Nolte?
    Ben

?

Hello Wim

I replyed to the pm before I read your reply to the thread. Great to know the buckle is 100% and some of the history.
    Thanks again

Kirby

Hello Ben,

The soldering was typical for Berg & Nolte, so I am convinced also the brass rectangular and the silvered inset
    came from that factory. Berg & Nolte did not solder for other concerns, as far as I have understood.

Very interesting, many thanks for that Wim
    Ben

?

looks a very nice buckle and a 1st for me , rgds Dave

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast