Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Postshutz Assman

Article about: At this point it is unknown to me other than the supplied JPEGS..It (to my eyes) seems to be a "39" If this is your opinion it will weigh heavy on my decision and I wll probably pa

?

Default Postshutz Assman

This is a desireable buckle in my opinion.. The Tab seems plausible.. Any comments welcome... I really would like to own this item if it is original... I have a better than average chance... Ben.. Kirby.. David.. or any thoughts greatly appreciated.. Gwar
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Postshutz Assman   Postshutz Assman  

Postshutz Assman  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Postshutz Assman
    P
    Many

Hi Gwar

Mate I like it, very nice original buckle in very good condition, if the price is right and you like it buy it! In fact bite his arm off up to the elbow for it Good find mucker
    Ben

?

Great looking buckle. What is the date? Angolia shows an Assmann Postschutz he says is dates 1933. He says this was a year before the Postschutz was officially formed.

?

Nice hard to find buckle.

A very nice find!....

Hello Gwar

I would like to echo Ben and Kirby, insofar as a super example of the nickle silver Postschutz. The obverse of the buckle is quite badly stained, however I do not think that it detracts too much.

A good leather tongue, however and with all due respect, it gives me slight cause for concern. The leather tongue looks as though it has been hand stitched on by the large, uneven and non taut threads. Most unusual for a period piece and by the obverse staining to the buckle, there is a fair chance that due to adverse post 1945 storage conditions, the original tongue stitching rotted.

Just my opinion, however if I was buying this buckle, I would be regarding it as a non tongued example (unless the tongue had DRP markings). Again, just my opinion Gwar, although a super buckle per se.

What is the date on the leather tongue by the way?

Regards,

David

Nice hard to find original buckle. timothy

Hello Gwar,

what a wonderfull buckle . Typical Assmann made and outstanding condition .

P.S. When it don't flash you please send it to me .......can bring him to his brothers
    Regards ,
    Markus

I'm searching for
    Buckles 3.Reich

special SA/NSKK/NSFK with maker marks

Link to my collection : http://www.warrelics.eu/forum/album.php?albumid=1175

?

Thanks guys... I plan on doing by best to land this one.....Gwar

?

I can't make out the date on the tab. I don't remember seeing a Postschutz tab dated later than 1936. If it is a 8 or a 9 then David has a point the the tab may be an add on. Still a buckle worth having.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast