Become our sponsor and display your banner here

Bruder Schneider RAD

Article about: Hi guys, just going through my pics and found this buckle I used to own, caused a bit of a bun fight at the time over on the WAF forum, some thought it was nice some thought it was fake, if

Default Bruder Schneider RAD

Hi guys, just going through my pics and found this buckle I used to own, caused a bit of a bun fight at the time over on the WAF forum, some thought it was nice some thought it was fake, if I remember right David championed it well lol your thoughts are more than welcome
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RAD%20Bruder%20Schneider%20Front.JPG 
Views:	113 
Size:	130.1 KB 
ID:	247547   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RAD%20Bruder%20Schneider%20Rear.JPG 
Views:	122 
Size:	123.6 KB 
ID:	247548  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Makers.JPG 
Views:	103 
Size:	130.3 KB 
ID:	247549  
    Ben

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    P
    Many

Default Re: Bruder Schneider RAD

ill start the ball rolling original

tom

?

I certainly am no buckle expert and really hate to appear stupid, BUT, all I see is a RAD buckle that is a textbook example of a buckle with the higher relief found on this style buckle after 1938. Dated 39 with the Brueder Schnieder Wein trade mark.
    I wouldn't hesitate for a second to have this buckle in my collection.
    I suppose the wit (1/2) and wisdom (perplexing) of the poobas at WAF know something that escapes me.

?

Hello I don't remember the thread on WAF but I like the buckle and I would add it to my collection for the right price.

Dear Ben

I vaguely remember the thread on the "other" forum and actually, I think that my argument was that this Lentwerk Brüder Schneider AG., Wien RAD buckle was a cast fake. Totally and absolutely wrong of course.

Here is one I have (for sale by the way) and it is an original buckle. What threw me years ago was the lip stampings on this buckle. Most unusual and subsequently, I have encountered the buckle with a period applied and correctly stamped, leather tongue.

Regards,

David
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	a.JPG 
Views:	81 
Size:	213.2 KB 
ID:	247807  

Name:	b.JPG 
Views:	88 
Size:	144.4 KB 
ID:	247808  

Name:	c.JPG 
Views:	85 
Size:	135.5 KB 
ID:	247809  

Just goes to show how good my memory is David lol very nice buckle BTW
    Ben