MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Denazified aluminium RAD koppelschloss - maker?

Article about: Here is another addition to my small (but growing) collection of denazified buckles. Not sure of the maker. Could it be Ernst Schneider?

Default Denazified aluminium RAD koppelschloss - maker?

Here is another addition to my small (but growing) collection of denazified buckles.

Denazified aluminium RAD koppelschloss - maker?Denazified aluminium RAD koppelschloss - maker?

Not sure of the maker. Could it be Ernst Schneider?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Denazified aluminium RAD koppelschloss - maker?
    P
    Many

Default Re: Denazified aluminium RAD koppelschloss - maker?

I would say you are correct ESL, Ernst Schneider Ludenscheid, also of note this is probably only the third RAD buckle I have seen made by this maker, nice buckle
    Ben

Nice buckle. I started my buckle collection with a B&N.L Rad buckle that had been de-nazified and then someone re-punched the swastika to make it visible again.
    Still have it. Do you only collect de-nazified buckles?
    Tom

Thanks, Ben for the confirmation on the maker. Glad you like it.

And to Tom, I suppose I do collect only denazified buckles. I didn't start out planning to do so but now I sort of like them that way. They're easier to get hold of and generally cheaper than unmessed with buckles. I like old things to be, well, old and used and a bit bashed up. And I'm more comfortable with them that way, if you get my drift. To be blunt, I would be slightly uneasy having a lot of swastikas around (I know, they're still often visible on the back even if not on the front). The associations aren't all that positive!

That's not very logical, maybe, and I'm certainly not criticising anyone who prefers them in their original condition. Each to their own. It's just a "gut" thing with me, based on nothing very rational!