Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Do any members have a Paulmann & Crone Rad Buckle ?

Article about: 5

?

Default Do any members have a Paulmann & Crone Rad Buckle ?

Gentleman.. Do any members have or posess a Paulmann & Crone Rad buckle for comparison on a recent purchase ?
    I believe the maker mark (if any) may be perhaps under the roller bar in this case..
    The tab is in sore condition.. I will post pictures when my flight home arrives and I am at the lair..Do any members have a Paulmann & Crone Rad Buckle ?Do any members have a Paulmann & Crone Rad Buckle ?Do any members have a Paulmann & Crone Rad Buckle ? Thanks in advance...Gwar

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Do any members have a Paulmann & Crone Rad Buckle ?
    P
    Many

I am excited now, another very hard to find RAD buckle cannot wait to see good pics
    Ben

Nice!..

I have never seen a Paulmann & Crone marked RAD buckle, the markings by name or logo or whatever. No reason though why this company should not have produced this buckle.

Having said that, I have in my collection an RAD buckle which has a leather tongue which is clearly stamped Paulmann & Crone, Lüdenscheid 1936. Here we have the first year of official production if we ignore the buckle first being vanity worn at the Nürnberg 1935 Reichsparteitag.

What is interesting about the buckle that I hold is that it is devoid of logos, markings and/or abbreviated dates. Lurking under the pin shroud however is a trace of the "diamond" logo of that perhaps representing Richard Sieper und Sohn, Lüdenscheid.

Not at all uncommon for a buckle to be manufactured by "A" and sold to "B", only for "B" to erase all traces of the origin and then add a bespoke and faux dignification. Here, a leather tongue.

If anyone would like to see any images of the said buckle, then please let me know.

Regards,

David

Hi David, I would like to see that if possible please?

Cheers
    Ben

Quote by Ben Evans View Post
    Hi David, I would like to see that if possible please?

Cheers
    Me too!...

Default 1

Default 2

Default 3

Default 4

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast