Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

FAD buckle

Article about: Met in the network such buckle. In your opinion . friends?

Default FAD buckle

Met in the network such buckle. In your opinion . friends?FAD buckleFAD buckleFAD buckle

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement FAD buckle
    P
    Many

Well there one you don't see every day! 'Freiwillingen Arbeitsdienst' buckle, I like it and don't see any red flags.

I have never seen one made like this and too be honest I dont like it one bit, for me a bad fake that has been aged
    Ben

?

I have an old reference book from the 60's and it shows a bunch of FAD patterns I have never seen before. I will have to look it up but I seem to remember a pattern like this.

David North has a bunch of FAD buckles. He might give an opinion on this one.

Well chaps, I think that this FAD buckle is wonderful and I would dearly like for it to nestle in my collection. A FAD roundel design that I suggest is very rarely seen and of course, no automatic association with the NSDAP. There were numerous 1920's era organisations to include those as right wing, left wing, middle ground, religious et al, who promoted and supported their own FAD. Dignity by "work ennobles" to the veterans and unemployed men, quite rightly taken off the streets.

The buckle is I think ground excavated and slightly distressed, with however an anticipated style of "C" catch. The form of pin shroud and claws does though surprise me, although I have never seen another to compare.

Rare buckle !

Regards,

David

Very interesting. thanks to all the respondents.

First one for me that David, the shape of the shovel is unusual as is the lack of detail to the front, thanks for the insight
    Ben

Quote by Ben Evans View Post
    First one for me that David, the shape of the shovel is unusual as is the lack of detail to the front, thanks for the insight
    I thought the same Ben!....