Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

"Gold" RAD ???

Article about: Have I shown this buckle before ??? Reoccurring "Senior Moments" I am afraid. I have absolutely no idea as to whether this buckle is genuinely period or a post 1945 horror. Regards

Default "Gold" RAD ???

Have I shown this buckle before ??? Reoccurring "Senior Moments" I am afraid.

I have absolutely no idea as to whether this buckle is genuinely period or a post 1945 horror.

Regards,

David

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement "Gold" RAD ???
    P
    Many

?

That's an interesting one! The wear on it looks nice, but I wonder if the prongs on such a buckle would also receive the gold wash.

Hello David,

very interest ......

Is it gild anodized or paint ?

Never see bevor one in gold
    Regards ,
    Markus

I'm searching for
    Buckles 3.Reich

special SA/NSKK/NSFK with maker marks

Link to my collection : http://www.warrelics.eu/forum/album.php?albumid=1175

?

A very interesting and a buckle I have never seen..
    Last edited by Gwar; 10-19-2014 at 09:28 AM.

?

Not sure why a RAD EM buckle would exist in gold but I have a gold HJ and gold Bahnschutz. I like the way the buckle looks. Could have just got mixed in with a bunch of Water Police buckles when they were finished.
    Last edited by kirby; 10-19-2014 at 01:14 PM.

Thankyou for the comments chaps.

It is a mystery buckle that I am definitely not promoting and as I earlier mentioned, I have absolutely no idea as to whether this is a pre 1945 or post 1945 creation.

Having said that, 4 completely subjective (to me) indicators prompted the purchase as:-

1. The finish is chemical and not spray painted or powder coated
    2. The gold colour matches very well that as seen on the Assmann Werktruppe buckle
    3. Shroud pin is gold, again as that sometimes encountered on the Assmann Werktruppe buckle
    4. The artistic licence of Fritz Assmann !

Regards,

David

Hi David, sorry for my late reply as I have been away at my mother in laws a very interesting buckle as you say, Assmann made yet gold in colour. I have to agree with some of the comments in that the gold colour does look period as does to the wear to the buckle, a first for me and not really a clue to as or why the gold colour. Many thanks for sharing with us.
    Ben

?

David, I had originally posted a few comments on the "Gold Rad" buckle but retracted them..On page 339 of Nash's book there is an interesting explaination of "The gilt variant" concerning Werkschar / Werktruppen.. The Rad buckle you posses has the characteristic of the "Die" or ghosting outline seen on most 38' RaD EM buckles. leading me to believe that a stock buckle was tested on.. For aluminum.. ?
    The thing that piques my interest is that this transition was roughly around the same year, 38' . Perhaps F.W.Assman was experimenting with the different processes in the hope of finding the best procedure and at a low cost. Also, The DAF M4/39 Crank Catch on the page 338 is almost identical to the color presented on your buckle..
    I wish more records existed on the manufacturing process including PP/ Parade buckles.
    That being stated, I believe you may own one of a "Few" or the only survivor of such experiments....G
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture "Gold" RAD ???  

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast