Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Good Buckle Wrong Belt

Article about: What are your opinions on this buckle and belt set ? The buckle is original but the belt seems post war or mismatched for a EM RAD. Just my observation.. G

?

Default Good Buckle Wrong Belt

What are your opinions on this buckle and belt set ?
    The buckle is original but the belt seems post war or mismatched for a EM RAD.
    Just my observation.. G
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Good Buckle Wrong Belt   Good Buckle Wrong Belt  

Good Buckle Wrong Belt   Good Buckle Wrong Belt  

I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Good Buckle Wrong Belt
    P
    Many

?

I personally would expect to see a worn belt as the RAD furnished and issued to the Arbeitsman equipment and clothing and then were returned upon end of service. Only to start the cycle over.
    Some belts were marked.. AD Gau including unit and distribution point, Not all were .. Notice the early Sieper marking on the catch.. I highly doubt that the belt that started this post could withstand the daily abuse of such tasks of the RAD.. JMO / Thought.. G
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Good Buckle Wrong Belt   Good Buckle Wrong Belt  

That catch does look to be light duty compared to the others shown and the stitching on the prong tab looks wrong. Bob

?

Put a four tab private purchase buckle with the belt. Looks like a dress belt. No cloth backing but that was an extra cost option. I don't recall ever seeing a dress belt with RAD colored cloth backing but I bet some are out there.

?

Quote by kirby View Post
    Put a four tab private purchase buckle with the belt. Looks like a dress belt. No cloth backing but that was an extra cost option. I don't recall ever seeing a dress belt with RAD colored cloth backing but I bet some are out there.
    I agree with your statement, This is the buckle on it.. I should have posted all the pics.. Looking forward to your friend's collection !!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Good Buckle Wrong Belt  

Looks post war to me G, look at the catch
    Ben

?

Quote by Ben Evans View Post
    Looks post war to me G, look at the catch
    Thanks Ben !!

Almost certainly a modern made repro belt. They've been making these cheap leather and tinny catch belts for decades now.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

The belt is similar to a post war belt that I have in my collection. It is a bit lighter weight than a combat belt. I don't know where these originated but they could be either East or West German. NH

The belt is post war East German, I have one somewhere I use for examples, I will dig it out
    Ben