Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Interesting "shovel"

Article about: Hello. A friend showed an interesting buckle, your opinion will be very curious.

Default Interesting "shovel"

Hello. A friend showed an interesting buckle, your opinion will be very curious.Interesting "shovel"Interesting "shovel"Interesting "shovel"Interesting "shovel"Interesting "shovel"Interesting "shovel"Interesting "shovel"

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Interesting "shovel"
    P
    Many

Strange buckle Yuri, dont like the prongs
    Ben

Thanks Ben. Planet showed his collection and it has such a buckle, it is a pity there is no visible prongs.Interesting "shovel"

?

I have seen this buckle described as a Miner`s buckle ?
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

Haunstein und Kirchhof (Leipzig) FAD

Regards and best wishes,

David

?

My friend Garry has one of these in his collection. I will be going through his 2000 + buckles next month. I don't like the prongs on this example but David didn't indicate there is anything wrong with them.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Interesting "shovel"  

Thank you, we will continue to wait....

Quote by David North View Post
    Haunstein und Kirchhof (Leipzig) FAD

Regards and best wishes,

David
    Many thanks David, do you think the prongs have been replaced on Yuris buckle?
    Ben

Quote by Ben Evans View Post
    ...do you think the prongs have been replaced...
    I did not comment on the pin shroud and claw arrangement, as I thought that in doing so it would detract from what I consider to be a super and quite rare buckle.

The claws to the buckle which started the thread are aggressively raw to say the least. Unfortunately, jolly similar to what we have seen over the years on some fakes and in particular, bogus SA and Stahlhelmbund.

Attached is a reverse image of the same buckle that I still hold and without wishing to state the blindingly obvious, a totally different pin shroud and claw arrangement to that which again, started the thread.

Regards and best wishes,

David

?

Will certainly be interesting to see the prong setup and pin from the other two example referred to here, as the examples so far are very different.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast