Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Private Purchase RAD Buckles

Article about: Here is a small selection of "private purchase" or "walking out" RAD buckles. Whilst the obverse design remains somewhat constant, the variety of construction techniques

Default Private Purchase RAD Buckles

Here is a small selection of "private purchase" or "walking out" RAD buckles.

Whilst the obverse design remains somewhat constant, the variety of construction techniques is quite interesting.

This buckle of course was purchased by and belonged to the RAD man, unlike the one piece and die stamped aluminium field buckle, which always belonged to the organisation. Apparently on the completion of a persons service, the field buckle was returned, to be then reissued to another person.

I think this is why we sometimes see RAD buckles with extremes of wear - clearly mint and non issued to distinctly worn and re issued.

Regards,

David

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Private Purchase RAD Buckles
    P
    Many

Default Re: Private Purchase RAD Buckles

David, you never cease to amaze me, another group of very nice and some what not so often seen RAD buckles, many thanks for showing them
    Ben

Great buckles David!! Given my style of collecting, I have but one of these but will add to the mix! She's not minty but she is a two-piecer.....
    Cheers!

Rob
    Attached Images Attached Images Private Purchase RAD Buckles  Private Purchase RAD Buckles 

?

Default Rad private purchase buckle

Although most RaD buckles can be identified albeit by maker marks, this one puzzles me. Parade / Private purchase buckles have certain tell tale designs or traits.
    Any help from Senior members would be greatly appreciated.
    I have noticed that in this thread by David North there is a buckle that resembles
    this example.. All Pro / Con advice is greatly welcomed...Gwar
    Attached Images Attached Images Private Purchase RAD Buckles 

Dear Gwar

Quite simple and nothing whatsoever similar to what I have in my collection of RAD.

STEEL - FAKE !!!

Regards,

David

?

David, Thank you for your reply.. This is why I pay for WRF Membership.. On a side note..
    No offense to your buckle... Thanks... You just in one instace paid for my membership for the
    next 4 years..Gwar

As David has stated Gwar, horrible steel fake
    Ben

Dear Gwar

Just an afterthought that I hope may be of some assistance in your search for RAD's.

Until a few years ago, no collector thought that the in theory heavily regulated DAF-Werkschar buckle was manufactured in anything other than a white aluminium type of composite, non ferrous metal. Now we know of at least 2 manufacturers who produced this buckle in nickle silver, contrary to "regulations".

It would not surprise me in the least if a RAD buckle as die stamped nickle silver, one day appeared.

Having said that and in my opinion, it is highly unlikely that the RAD buckle was ever manufactured in steel.

Regards,

David

?

Thanks David.. Do you know the manufaturers of the nickle silver "Variant" ?
    I try to pay attention to past threads and finds concerning RAD buckles and others ( FAD, Heer, Luft. )
    I encountered this particular piece on a website and it didn't sit well with me, hence the asking..
    Thank you for taking the time to answer my question and the extra knowledge... Gwar

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast