MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Private Purchase RAD - help appreciated

Article about: I noticed that my fellow Yorkshireman "Wolfspear", recently posted "my first Luftwaffe buckle" and jolly nice it is too. http://warrelics.eu/forum/belt-buckl...-buckle-16

Default Private Purchase RAD - help appreciated

I noticed that my fellow Yorkshireman "Wolfspear", recently posted "my first Luftwaffe buckle" and jolly nice it is too.

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/belt-...-buckle-16898/

What caught my eye was the reverse of the aluminium box which displayed a plain central circle, surrounded by a pebbled field.

I recently bought a private purchase RAD and where the reverse of the buckle has striking similarities. In relation to RAD buckles, I have never seen this reverse of box design before and I have never seen a 35mm pin shroud extended by the introduction of two 5mm spacers.

Does anybody have other buckles with this design of reverse ?

Thankyou in anticipation.

Regards,

David

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Private Purchase RAD - help appreciated
    P
    Many

Default Re: Private Purchase RAD - help appreciated

Wow David, very unique, do you think it could be an Assmann made buckle? just going by the prongs
    Ben

?

David,
    like Ben already wrote, it is a very unique piece!

The first time for me to see such an odd pin shroud construction. It looks so that our producer was also a "metal recycler"!

The backside reminds me unfortunately not on a particular maker/ buckle. I am a little bit confused about these brown spots wich are looking like rust, but of course impossible on a nonmagnetic metal!

Regards,
    Guido

Ben and Guido

Thankyou for your comments and I actually, I do not think that the buckle is by Assmann. I have never seen this design of reverse before and also, the three piece pin shroud is bizarre to say the least. The buckle is of course aluminium and the staining to the obverse merely looks like rust spots.

The design of RAD roundels differ and even though by a casual glance, they look exactly the same. The difference can be tiny and at times bordering on the subjective.

This roundel appeared vaguely familiar to myself and I have another slightly odd private purchase/walking out/parade RAD which has what I am sure, is exactly the same roundel. A totally different box though.

Regards,

David