Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

RAD Brahm-Fürth - 1938

Article about: This near mint RAD buckle arrived today. K.E. Brahm which is very scarce maker. Buckle still has much of the paint especially on the backside and the leather tab is in excellent condition. C

?

Default RAD Brahm-Fürth - 1938

This near mint RAD buckle arrived today. K.E. Brahm which is very scarce maker. Buckle still has much of the paint especially on the backside and the leather tab is in excellent condition. Checking around seems 'Furth I/Bay.' is abbreviation for 'Furth Im Bayern', so a Bavarian manufactured buckle.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture RAD Brahm-Fürth - 1938   RAD Brahm-Fürth - 1938  

RAD Brahm-Fürth - 1938   RAD Brahm-Fürth - 1938  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement RAD Brahm-Fürth - 1938
    P
    Many

Nice buckle Jeff and very rare, is it marked on the buckle at all?
    Ben

?

Thanks Ben, no markings or stamps anywhere on the buckle itself.

?

Pretty sure I have seen one of these before, somewhere ??.... Great find Jeff !!
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

Absolutely a beauty! Bob

MAP
    ?

Even a non buckle geek like me can appreciate a beauty like this. Great pick up!
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

A very nice and in mint state buckle. I was hopeful that there were more examples out there waiting to be found. As far as my knowledge goes, there are only 3, Marcus ( Yellow 12 ) yours and mine..
    The similarities are consistent with the known examples.. All in all a better deep stamping on the tab.. Congrats !!
    Attached Images Attached Images RAD Brahm-Fürth - 1938  RAD Brahm-Fürth - 1938  RAD Brahm-Fürth - 1938  RAD Brahm-Fürth - 1938 
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

Stunning RAD buckles by K. Fr. Brahm, Fürth. An old and well established company who I think are still today working in Nürnberg, with Fürth of course, being to the north west of Nürnberg proper.

Interesting to note that the buckle reverse is devoid of any markings, which is very unusual for a RAD buckle, although not unheard of and with K. Fr. Brahm not being the sole culprit.

The possibility and I emphasise that this is only an unsubstantiated possibly, that the buckle was not manufactured by K. Fr. Brahm and instead, bought in as a generic from goodness knows who. Accordingly finished off by K. Fr. Brahm by the addition of their company specific marked leather tongue. The possibility may of course be strongly argued against, as for those companies who manufactured RAD buckles, they supplied directly to the RAD and I assume within a legally binding contract of some sort.

Regards and best wishes,

David

You are starting this year very strong! Zep ended 2016 with a superb one and you are starting 2017 with a superb...
    Great to see and the buckle has wonderful paint.

So, if they still are in business I will try to order myself a buckle

?

Thanks guys . The only other K.E. Brahm - Furth buckles I know of are Heer. Here is my 1938 Heer example. These Heer examples are also not so common, though I've seen a few of these around for sale. Overall, the RAD is a much rarer example.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture RAD Brahm-Fürth - 1938   RAD Brahm-Fürth - 1938  

RAD Brahm-Fürth - 1938  

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast