Become our sponsor and display your banner here

RaD buckle 8 /152

Article about: A nice Rad buckle manufactured by Hermann Aurich, RZM M4/42 also unit marked 8/152.. In my opinion there exsited a "Die" flaw... Notice the "Dot dimple" underneath the le

?

Default RaD buckle 8 /152

A nice Rad buckle manufactured by Hermann Aurich, RZM M4/42
    also unit marked 8/152..
    In my opinion there exsited a "Die" flaw... Notice the "Dot dimple" underneath the left
    side of the '8", All of the 38' Aurich RaD I own have this telltale signature..
    I hope to find one without this particular trait to determine if the process was repaired
    or may have been due to excess wear and then appeared... I may never know unless
    I can track down early examples (Unit marked) and later ones for comparison
    by this maker...
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Rad marked 002.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	160.6 KB 
ID:	695955   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Rad marked 011.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	163.2 KB 
ID:	695956  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Rad marked 021.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	103.4 KB 
ID:	695957  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    P
    Many

That is a nice buckle Gwar. The buckle itself is in cracking condition and the added bonus of a unit marked tab. then the extra added bonus in that being a Aurich made buckle. You do not see many RAD buckles around made by Aurich, so hence your question about the dot it may take a while to see other examples. Nice find my friend
    Ben

Out of interest there is a 38 dated Aurich RAD in the makers thread with the same dot flaw
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0192.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	228.4 KB 
ID:	695960   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0188.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	228.4 KB 
ID:	695961  

Ben

?

Thanks Ben...

?

Yep, that's the RAD I inquired about the was already sold. Glad you got it Gwar, that is a choice buckle
    Jeff

?

Lovely RAD!