Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

RAD Buckle-LGS 36

Article about: I think a buckle the original. Your opinions? Thanks in advance.

I think at one point this buckle had a clothes protector on it
    Ben

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement RAD Buckle-LGS 36
    P
    Many

?

Ben Thanks for the answer.

?

Default Rad stitching of clothes protector

After a review I must agree.. This buckle was probably equipped with a "Clothes Protector"
    The following pic demonstrates how one was perhaps sewn.. Closest to the prong bar first and the leather was applied secondary, and then finished with the remaining stitches.. Or vise versa, Based on the rear of the tab.. It is of note that this is a 37' Assman, and being a "Earlier" buckle bears out Mr. Saris' contribution to this thread. Thanks guys... G
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture RAD Buckle-LGS 36   RAD Buckle-LGS 36  

I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

?

Gwar Thanks for your opinion

?

On a side note, as with any manufacturing process, there were different methods of attaching the protector. This example is also an early Rad by Adolf Baumeister , Ludenscheid 36'. The method in this case appears to have been sewing the tab on first and applying the protector afterwards as viewed from the details on the back of the tab.G
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture RAD Buckle-LGS 36   RAD Buckle-LGS 36  

?

This is reserved for me and I shall have it soon LGS Tabbed 36' with protector..G

RAD Buckle-LGS 36   RAD Buckle-LGS 36  

?

Gwar Thanks

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3