Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Rad buckle "No Ears"

Article about: I have been watching this Rad buckle on a site... It has no ears which alarms me.. I have seen some buckles like this during my research here but, not a RaD... Any insight ? Thanks guys... G

?

Default Rad buckle "No Ears"

I have been watching this Rad buckle on a site... It has no ears which alarms me..
    I have seen some buckles like this during my research here but, not a RaD... Any insight ?
    Thanks guys... Gwar
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Rad buckle "No Ears"  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Rad buckle "No Ears"
    P
    Many

Appears to be a die stamped aluminium RAD by LGS (L Gottlieb und Söhne, Oberstein). The "ears" are there, although they have been straightened and you can see the original folding crease.

LGS RAD's normally have an abbreviated date of manufacture to the reverse, although I cannot see anything from your images.

If you are thinking of buying this buckle, I would suggest that you try and secure some better reverse images and also, obverse images of course.

Regards,

David

?

That's incredible and amazing how you did all that with the picture I posted. I thought that I had barely
    glimpsed the L.G.S. markings... Missing the digits of the year (ie 39, 38 etc; or perhaps they are there..
    The ears are also a mystery... I certainly will take your advise and will perhaps post if the findings are favorable..Thank you for taking the time to reply...And it was good hearing from you again..Gwar

I concur with David, very strange though how and why the owner straightened the ears!
    Ben