Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

RAD Buckle with Tab - Christian Theodor Dicke & Co

Article about: Here I have an example of the RAD buckle produced by Christian Theodor Dicke & Co, with a 1938 date stamped tab by the same maker.

Default RAD Buckle with Tab - Christian Theodor Dicke & Co

Here I have an example of a pebbled aluminum RAD buckle produced by Christian Theodor Dicke & Co, with a 1938 date stamped tab by the same maker.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement RAD Buckle with Tab - Christian Theodor Dicke & Co
    P
    Many

A been there buckle
    Ben

It is indeed. There's still dust and dirt stuck to the tab on the reverse. I have a lot of minty stuff, so I wanted something that was still nice but showed it had done something. To those ends, I thought this one exhibited some wonderful character.

?

Avenger, First Congratulations on finding a very / sometimes elusive RAD buckle by C.T.D.
    I searched high and low for one of these for quite awhile.
    As Ben has stated, it has the "Been there done that" look for sure.
    The tab seems to be a bit dark, but nonetheless it could be due to several circumstances.
    The deep impression was probably due to a massive strike, hence the higher dome not seen
    on other RAD buckle makers / producers. The stitching is well afforded and the remaining pebbling about the roundel is visible and crisp. A great addition. Here is what it looked like coming off the final assembly process. TC Gwar
    Attached Images Attached Images RAD Buckle with Tab - Christian Theodor Dicke & Co  RAD Buckle with Tab - Christian Theodor Dicke & Co  RAD Buckle with Tab - Christian Theodor Dicke & Co  RAD Buckle with Tab - Christian Theodor Dicke & Co 
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

That is a fantastic looking buckle Gwar! Man, mine's tab sure has darkened hasn't it? It's curled too, though not brittle and still flexible. Hard to say what it's gone through. Lovely example you have there though!

MAP
    ?

Two great buckles with two different histories. One is "NIB" the other has "been there"
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)