Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

RAD - G. BREMMER 1937 Aluminum Buckle w Tab

Article about: Hi Guys, A new addition to my collection is this nice RAD aluminum buckle by G. BREMMER 1937 MARKNEUKIRCHEN. Thank to Gwar for vetting this one! The Reichsarbeitsdienst (RAD, "Reich Lab

Default RAD - G. BREMMER 1937 Aluminum Buckle w Tab

Hi Guys,

A new addition to my collection is this nice RAD aluminum buckle by G. BREMMER 1937 MARKNEUKIRCHEN. Thanks to Gwar for vetting this one!

The Reichsarbeitsdienst (RAD, "Reich Labor Service") was a major organization established by Nazi Germany as an agency to help mitigate the effects of unemployment on German economy, militarize the workforce and indoctrinate it with Nazi ideology. It was the official state labor service, divided into separate sections for men and women.
    From June 1935 onwards, men aged between 18 and 25 had to serve six months before their military service. During World War II compulsory service also included young women and the RAD developed to an auxiliary formation which provided support for the Wehrmacht armed forces. (Wiki)

A little history of G. Brehmer:
    The company of Gustav Brehmer was founded in 1871 in the town of Markneukirchen
    in Saxony and became one of the premier manufacturers of war badges during the Third
    Reich. Interestingly, Karl Wurster, owner of another major war badge manufacturer
    during the Third Reich began his career working for Brehmer until he eventually opened
    his own factory some 100 meters from Brehmer after leaving in 1912. The craftsmen at
    Brehmer produced some of the highest quality badges for the Luftwaffe and Heer
    including the numbered Panzer Assault Badge (PAB) and numbered General Assault
    Badge (GAB), but was perhaps most well-known for their stunning Luftwaffe Flak
    Badges. Until recently it was not known that Brehmer also produced a Heeres-Flak
    Badge for the German Army. (Garlasko)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement RAD - G. BREMMER 1937 Aluminum Buckle w Tab
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

A nice worn example in great shape!
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

Wow! Leather is nummy and detailing is still crispalicious!!!
    "It's not whether you get knocked down...It's whether you get up"

My Collection: www.tothehiltmilitaria.com

Love it!

?

Quote by Combat Boots View Post
    Love it!
    I love RAD buckles but Gwar eats them for breakfast. My Grandpa used to call a minty piece "nummy" before minty was popular. He was a big eater too so everything was "nummy". Nice buckle!!!
    "It's not whether you get knocked down...It's whether you get up"

My Collection: www.tothehiltmilitaria.com

?

Bob, as stated... A very nice find and in good condition.. The problem is that once "Bitten" by the "Buckle Bug" it is a hard malady to shake or cure.. I must admit also that the pic shown here didn't do justice to the photos before it was in hands !!! Great find and I wish you many, many more posts of unique pieces in the future. G
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

Hello,

the GB 1936 is nice !

Here the 1937 :

RAD - G. BREMMER 1937 Aluminum Buckle w TabRAD - G. BREMMER 1937 Aluminum Buckle w TabRAD - G. BREMMER 1937 Aluminum Buckle w TabRAD - G. BREMMER 1937 Aluminum Buckle w Tab

and here the 1938 :

RAD - G. BREMMER 1937 Aluminum Buckle w TabRAD - G. BREMMER 1937 Aluminum Buckle w TabRAD - G. BREMMER 1937 Aluminum Buckle w TabRAD - G. BREMMER 1937 Aluminum Buckle w Tab
    Regards ,
    Markus

I'm searching for
    Buckles 3.Reich

special SA/NSKK/NSFK with maker marks

Link to my collection : http://www.warrelics.eu/forum/album.php?albumid=1175

?

Nice RAD buckle from Gustav Brehmer. I have an example very similar to yours where the date stamp on the back of the buckle is 1936 but the date is 1937 on the leather tab . Mine also has a RAD unit stamp which is a nice bonus
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture RAD - G. BREMMER 1937 Aluminum Buckle w Tab   RAD - G. BREMMER 1937 Aluminum Buckle w Tab  

Markus & Weller, Thanks for adding some great buckles for comparison! That unit marked tab is awesome! Bob

nice one.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast