Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

1934 German Luftschutz "gladiator style" fire police helmet

Article about: Hello all The helmet in the pictures came up on one of our auctions lately. It has the makings of being a 1934 German Luftschutz "gladiator style" fire police helmet but I am no ex

Default 1934 German Luftschutz "gladiator style" fire police helmet

Hello all

The helmet in the pictures came up on one of our auctions lately. It has the makings of being a 1934 German Luftschutz "gladiator style" fire police helmet but I am no expert wrt these kind of helmets. Considering the horrid and ruff over-paints this lid must have had an interesting life to say the least.

Is it what it appears to be and if so, would it be possible or even worthwhile to try to remove the top paint coats ? The seller wants about $75 which I think is a bit high.

Regards

Andrew
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 1934 German Luftschutz "gladiator style" fire police helmet   1934 German Luftschutz "gladiator style" fire police helmet  

1934 German Luftschutz "gladiator style" fire police helmet   1934 German Luftschutz "gladiator style" fire police helmet  

1934 German Luftschutz "gladiator style" fire police helmet  
    Attached Images Attached Images 1934 German Luftschutz "gladiator style" fire police helmet  1934 German Luftschutz "gladiator style" fire police helmet  1934 German Luftschutz "gladiator style" fire police helmet  1934 German Luftschutz "gladiator style" fire police helmet  1934 German Luftschutz "gladiator style" fire police helmet 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 1934 German Luftschutz "gladiator style" fire police helmet
    P
    Many

Default Re: 1934 German Luftschutz "gladiator style" fire police helmet

I think that one is fire brigade not Luftschutz and it's not the gladiator type.

This is an M34 Civic/Fire Helmet, not the "Gladiator"...I suggest you save your money, but that's my opinion...
    cheers, Glenn

Hello Chaps

Well, I passed on this helmet at auction. It really was a sad looking lid and not worth the time and effort attempting to "restore" it. Thank-you for your input, much appreciated.