Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

6 June normandy finds....

Article about: hi guys just come back from a trip to my town Caen in France for the D-Day commemoration...a nice kubelwagen ride on the tracks and highway , and a lot of allied vehicules, weapons and so on

Default 6 June normandy finds....

hi guys

just come back from a trip to my town Caen in France for the D-Day commemoration...a nice kubelwagen ride on the tracks and highway , and a lot of allied vehicules, weapons and so on
    This is what i brought back to Canada, i don't know where to post this thread but as i'm collecting relics..at least there is a relic helmet on this one
    i need your help on the 2 matching ss plate 927801 : find in La Dives close to Chambois And Trun ( falaise Pocket ) , what kind of vehicules it belongs ? maybe a Schwimm ? for the units , one of my friend is working on it and it looks like it migth be LAH or 12Th SS HJ... your knowlege on this question will be very appreciated as they will be published in the next Normanfy 44 magasine ...

Thanks in advance
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 6 June normandy finds....   6 June normandy finds....  

6 June normandy finds....   6 June normandy finds....  

6 June normandy finds....  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 6 June normandy finds....
    P
    Many

Default Re: 6 June normandy finds....

I think Ade has posted the numbers of each unit's vehicles on another thread with the exact same plates! I remeber him saying that no knowing numbers went that up with six digits!

Nice items.

hi Mike, what I said was that no list of unit registration numbers which I was aware of went as high as that. The only list I know of dates from 1940. However, someone made a reply which mentioned what unit that plate came from, so someone might have done research into this.

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/field...7801-a-310666/

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Ok Ade! I couldn't recall your exact answer!

Very cool
    Cheers
    Nuno

Thank you Adrian, i didn't knew that my plates were posted previously my friend confirmed also that they belongs to 1st SS LAH...i was hoping for the 12th ss but can't complain !!! do you know something about the SS jerycan markings...looks like the OE stand for oil...

Did you dig these up or did you buy them ?? and shipping on that stuff must have been boat loads !!!

no i buy them and bring back in my luggages in the plane

Great !!! finally my licence plates will be published in the next Normandy 44 magazine... ( right on !! the subject will be ST-Lambert sur Dives )
    here is a preview in advance...
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 6 June normandy finds....  

That is some nice relics great finds and you know where they came from. timothy