Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

An alternative to oxalic acid ? The helmet results are in and the winner is ...

Article about: Good evening Chaps I trust that I find you all well and enjoying our hobby In a previous thread, I mentioned that I was intrigued by the use of oxalic acid to remove surface rust and reveal

Default Re: An alternative to oxalic acid ? The helmet results are in and the winner is ...

Quote by Glenn66 View Post
    Ummm, oxalic isn't radioactive. Using it outdoors and with the wearing of rubber gloves you shouldn't have too much to worry about.
    hi glenn ive never used oxalic mainly down to reading the how too guides ,it scare mongered me im afraid if thats the correct terminology ive heard a lot of good things about it since and used correctly isnt much of a problem ,im definately going to give it a try on a few salty examples soon ,
    Regards James

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement An alternative to oxalic acid ? The helmet results are in and the winner is ...
    P
    Many

Default Re: An alternative to oxalic acid ? The helmet results are in and the winner is ...

I would not be too scared of it to be honest. I have used it quite often. Just use common sense and don’t get it in your eyes!!! Keep it away from children and pets and you will be fine

It’s mainly sold for cleaning wooden yacht decks so can’t be that harmful!!

Cheers

If you haven't read it already, this thread of mine from a few years ago might assist in your oxalix adventures!

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/resto...ic-acid-28369/

thanks glenn ill have a look
    Regards James

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3