Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Another 1934 German Luftschutz fire police helmet

Article about: Hi all Yet another possible 1934 German Luftschutz "gladiator style" fire police helmet. What is your opinion on this one ... possibly real and worth getting more pictures or a lik

Default Another 1934 German Luftschutz fire police helmet

Hi all

Yet another possible 1934 German Luftschutz "gladiator style" fire police helmet. What is your opinion on this one ... possibly real and worth getting more pictures or a likely post-war lid ? The seller is wanting $100 for it as is.

I'm a little dubious of the inner and someone seems to have been decal hunting already with this helmet. Did any countries continue to manufacture and use this model post-war outside of Germany ?

As always, looking forward to your wisdom !

Regards

Andrew
    Attached Images Attached Images Another 1934 German Luftschutz fire police helmet  Another 1934 German Luftschutz fire police helmet  Another 1934 German Luftschutz fire police helmet 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Another 1934 German Luftschutz fire police helmet
    P
    Many

Default Re: Another 1934 German Luftschutz fire police helmet

I'd say $100 is a good price, as this one is complete with "Comb" and liner...
    cheers. Glenn

Far better value than the other one.

i wonder if maybe the decal was scratched off for post war use ,its a nice lid andrew also looks like one of the neck guard leather tabs is missing but for that price you cant go wrong

Liner is absolutely fine for this type, the liner cord is even the original one. It's not a 'gladiator', but a different model entirely, the M34 civic helmet. It's also not Luftschutz but a Fire / Police lid. The decals could have been removed for post war use IMO. Price is certainly OK too if you like it. Germany did continue to make this type after the war, but they are different post-war variations and not mistakable for the wartime model if you know what to look for.

If you ever see a helmet with a stamp in the inside rim with DIN it will be post-war.
    Save your money you cant find one with the decals for 200$
    chris

Can you post a better photo of the liner and side shots? These pictures are really grainy.

Hello Chaps

Well, I gave it some thought and decided to pass on the helmet at auction. I was tempted but altimately I thought it more prudent to focus my limited funding on the German Army helmets instead of branching off into the civilian issue. Thank-you for your input, much appreciated.

?

Do you guys think that my decals were scratched off for post war use?

Seller is asking $89 for it including shipping. Is it a good deal?

?

Why are you asking about this helmet on this thread when you've already created another thread to ask the questions and got answers about this lid ??