Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Ardennes relic

Article about: This is my other relic helmet. When I was a kid in Germany in the late 50's if someone had found one of these...it was a big deal. Sadly the internet has diminished that thrill a bit these d

Default Ardennes relic

This is my other relic helmet. When I was a kid in Germany in the late 50's if someone had found one of these...it was a big deal. Sadly the internet has diminished that thrill a bit these days, but it's still exciting to get a relic delivered from half way around the world and it smells like the earth it was dug out of.Ardennes relicArdennes relicArdennes relic

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Ardennes relic
    P
    Many

Interesting. Garth, do you have any information where in the Ardennes it was dug up? I am actually just reading Antony Beevor's book "Ardennes 1944", which I recommend, it's excellent.

No I don't remember if there was any information when I purchased it at least 12 years ago. I remember that there was lots of sand in it when I received it and thinking there must be a lot of sandy soil in that area of The Ardennes. I'll take up your recommendation and look for the book. Thanks.