Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Auction helmet, real or fake?

Article about: Hi I've stumbled across this helmet from Latvia supposedly a Kurland relic found in a loft. It has no other hardware so is just the shell, if you look closely it appears to have been sanded

?

Latvia is notorious for fakes and scammers. Of course there are genuine articles issuing from there on occasion, but caution is always in order.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    P
    Many

Thanks for this info alternatively is there a reputable source for genuine inexpensive helmets?

If you're looking for a collectible helmet, this isnt it. If you're look for a piece of steel to put on a shelf, this might be it.

?

I think as long as you get what is pictured for around 30 you cant go wrong really but like the guys say use a secure payment method ie paypal your back is covered then.

?

Steve I know several friends that have ordered items from ebay that came out of Latvia that never made it to the US . Gary

?

Too add, Like helmetone says... This is not a collectible helmet, A nice original looking shell like I said previously and if anything id say a nice restoration project!

Thanks for this info alternatively is there a reputable source for genuine inexpensive helmets?

?

Quote by steve1971 View Post
    Not for nice, collectible ones. The good ones can never be had for less than 100, unless you get lucky and chance on one somewhere.

?

I do know of a reliable website that sells helmet shells like this, but they're priced at around 60 and (I think) operated out of America, so shipping might be high.

I'm not even that concerned about being nice just genuine and the best I can expect for the money before I jump in boots and all

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast