Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Battle damaged M40 Kriegsmarine helmet

Article about: Picked up this battle damaged M40 possible Kriegsmarine helmet recently. The damage is on the visor section of the helmet. Looks as if an explosion happened near it. The liner pins are still

Default Battle damaged M40 Kriegsmarine helmet

Picked up this battle damaged M40 possible Kriegsmarine helmet recently. The damage is on the visor section of the helmet. Looks as if an explosion happened near it. The liner pins are still in place, but the liner its self is completely missing. Does the decal look to be an original navy decal? Im having a hard time reading the batch number and maker mark, but heres what I see. for the maker mark/size ?S66 cant figure out what comes before the S, and the batch number is 8212. Its really hard to read, so im not 100% sure thats exactly whats stamped. Please let me know what you think.

Best regards- Jarret

Battle damaged M40 Kriegsmarine helmetBattle damaged M40 Kriegsmarine helmetBattle damaged M40 Kriegsmarine helmetBattle damaged M40 Kriegsmarine helmetBattle damaged M40 Kriegsmarine helmet

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Battle damaged M40 Kriegsmarine helmet
    P
    Many

Not Navy. It's an NS Heer with expected Pocher decal.

Ah ok, thank you so much for clearing that up. I guess its just a VERY aged decal then LoL. Ill post the other M40 I acquired in another post very soon. As always I really appreciate the great help real steel.

Best regards- Jarret

I owe you a membership !!!
    Thought from your first pic on the thread MAP started about 2017 buys, it looked like an EF thin wing navy !!

The elements really affected this decal. The Pocher heer decals are usually the brightest, most metallic out of the heer decals.
    Not often you see a Pocher turn yellow/golden the way this did

Quote by real steel View Post
    I owe you a membership !!!
    Thought from your first pic on the thread MAP started about 2017 buys, it looked like an EF thin wing navy !!

The elements really affected this decal. The Pocher heer decals are usually the brightest, most metallic out of the heer decals.
    Not often you see a Pocher turn yellow/golden the way this did
    Thats not necessary real steel, it was a simple mistake anyone could have made LoL. I greatly appreciate the offer though. Your the reason im a member now

Best regards- Jarret

Quote by Luftwaffe 1941 View Post
    Thats not necessary real steel, it was a simple mistake anyone could have made LoL. I greatly appreciate the offer though. Your the reason im a member now

Best regards- Jarret
    Let me know when your gold club expires.

And another interesting piece added to your growing collection, congratulations!

Mart

Quote by Martin C View Post
    And another interesting piece added to your growing collection, congratulations!

Mart
    Thank you Martin!! I just love these interesting battlefield relics.

Best regards- Jarret