Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Battle damaged M40 Luftwaffe helmet

Article about: Any other opinions if it is an M35 or M40? On one side it looks like an M35 and the other side like an M40.

Any other opinions if it is an M35 or M40? On one side it looks like an M35 and the other side like an M40.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    P
    Many

Picture the vents form the inside, its the easiest way to ID is it M35 or M40. And also, the M40 has thicker rolled tim than the M35.
    Ex username - DTVPKING

My dream - pink hue DAK M35/40 and a Jon Lord spec C3

?

Quote by Gi collector View Post
    Thanks guys! @ Dean, the paint is green indeed and the little hole was indeed in from shrapnell in a downward angle. The biggest hole wasn't from a downward angle in my opinion but we'll never now.
    I thought so . After a closer look, I can see the the luft Adler, too! As for m35 or m40, it's a bit confusing. The decal side (left) looks like a m35 with a missing vent rivet. The other side looks like an m40.. Just from what I can see from the images. I really like this relic lid. Do you know the size?

My vote is M40 with enough rusting to make the formed vent look like it's missing. Check the liner rivet - it is almost rusted through so you can see the pins.

Dan

( BTW, image hosting sites are a no-no........ we are regularly reminded to upload photos directly to the forum )
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0635.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	114.9 KB 
ID:	592757  
    " When you're chewing on life's gristle, don't grumble, give a whistle "

Quote by Dean View Post
    I thought so . After a closer look, I can see the the luft Adler, too! As for m35 or m40, it's a bit confusing. The decal side (left) looks like a m35 with a missing vent rivet. The other side looks like an m40.. Just from what I can see from the images. I really like this relic lid. Do you know the size?
    Exactly my thoughts as for the M35 or M40 part.. I will picture the vents from the inside. Size is unknown to me, have to check it.

@Danmark, sorry about using photobucket. I'm not super active on the forum so I have missed the part about image hosting sites.

After a closer look I also found some blue-gray paint under the green paint.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12