Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Bought a german relic helmet, need help with id and if its real

Article about: Hello! I bought this helmet recently for around 60 dollars. The seller said that it was dug up in a forest in Narva. So is it real and what type of Stahlhelm is it? Also what are these worth

Default Bought a german relic helmet, need help with id and if its real

Hello! I bought this helmet recently for around 60 dollars. The seller said that it was dug up in a forest in Narva.
    So is it real and what type of Stahlhelm is it? Also what are these worth? And last but not least should I preserve it in some special way or just have it on my shelf like my modern militaria?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Bought a german relic helmet, need help with id and if its real   Bought a german relic helmet, need help with id and if its real  

Bought a german relic helmet, need help with id and if its real   Bought a german relic helmet, need help with id and if its real  

Bought a german relic helmet, need help with id and if its real  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Bought a german relic helmet, need help with id and if its real
    P
    Many

Going by the integral vent holes it is an M40 helmet and is original.

Looks like a fake probably worth around 5$

Quote by The expert View Post
    Why?
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Yes, why? If you believe something is fake, it's better to state the reasons why. That way, the information can be of use to others when it comes to identifying similar fakes.

In this case, however, I see a good relic M40. Deep pitting in the metal rather than just surface rust suggests it has been in the ground for a long time. I have a lake-found M42 that is very similar.

B.B.

MAP
    ?

Agree with BC and BB. Looks like a good M40 Relic.

We evaluate the item for originality and not value (as it is subjective) but price as quoted is fair. We see so many of these relics tarted up with fake SS decals so it is nice to see a no decal or shall I say, no remaining ( ) decal relic.

Looks like the helmet has already been treated, probably with an acid bath or something. Just leave it as is, in a low humidity environment and it will outlast you.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

I have a feeling "the expert" isn't.

Everyone sees value in different ways, and as collectors we all have our own ideas. If you are happy Eastguy with your purchase then that is absolutely fine. It is certainly the real thing, the location it was found might always be open to conjecture so try not to get drawn into buying "the story of the item" over the item itself. Enjoy your hobby and don't be afraid to ask for advice here before parting with your hard earned cash!

MAP
    ?

Seriously....How much money is to be made faking a $60 helmet?

We appreciate members here to provide reasoned explanations and evidence to support their opinions. Please do. We are all ears.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

More justification for a closed forum!!!!

Goodonya ......

But, if that was (supposed to be ) sarcasm, please avail yourself of the correct emoticon
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Quote by Danmark View Post
    More justification for a closed forum!!!!

Goodonya ......

But, if that was (supposed to be ) sarcasm, please avail yourself of the correct emoticon
    If you are going to make your first post with such a comment then I fear your time here might be short. This statement is of course aimed clearly at "the expert" and not your good self Danmark!
    Last edited by BlackCat1982; 03-28-2018 at 08:56 AM. Reason: Message clarity

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast