Become our sponsor and display your banner here

Bulge M42 Relic

Article about: I've had this for over 20 years and recently 're-discovered' it up in the loft. I got it when I stayed at a farm cottage between Vielsalm and St Vith. Got talking to the farmer who'd recentl

Arrow Bulge M42 Relic

I've had this for over 20 years and recently 're-discovered' it up in the loft. I got it when I stayed at a farm cottage between Vielsalm and St Vith. Got talking to the farmer who'd recently found this while clearing some bushes ; it looked as though it'd been sitting 'right way up ' for many years. I blush to think how little it cost me ( IIRC, in Belgian Francs ! )

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Toys 545.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	99.0 KB 
ID:	804571

The liner is still there, albeit as fragile as paper and rather broken. I put a repro cord in, more to try to keep it from coming apart than anything else. The helmetwas full of dried up grass roots and stuff which I carefully pulled out, and I waxed the outside to consolidate the rust.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Toys 552.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	107.0 KB 
ID:	804580

At the time I really didn't think that much of it, but now it's a real piece of history to me and I'll leave it just as it is.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    P
    Many

nice find.there's lots of stuff still in the Ardennes area,by the way you woud'nt have relatives in Brugge Belgium by chance.?

Lightbulb

'Fraid not......and sadly, there's less stuff than there used to be 20 years back !

Nice find and I love seeing relics with the liner still in them.

Great relic!...
    It's a wasted trip baby. Nobody said nothing about locking horns with no Tigers.

I'm Spartacus, not really i'm Paul!...

A nice "save", those Belgian hedgerows just keep on giving! Leon.
    "Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." Ernest Hemingway