Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Camo relic or fire damage

Article about: HEllo, bought this helmet a year ago and the camo started flaking off. I posted pics at WAF and one opinion is that it is not camo colors but fire damage. Since WRF is more of a relic lover

Default Camo relic or fire damage

HEllo, bought this helmet a year ago and the camo started flaking off. I posted pics at WAF and one opinion is that it is not camo colors but fire damage. Since WRF is more of a relic lover site, I thought I could get more opinions on it here.

It was sold and I bought it as a 5 color camo relic lake find. Any of you have knowledge of or photos of fire damage helmets and what it does to the paint?

Attachment 575893Camo relic or fire damageAttachment 575895Attachment 575896Attachment 575897Camo relic or fire damageAttachment 575899Attachment 575900Attachment 575901

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Camo relic or fire damage
    P
    Many

I will add closeup paint photos tomorrow in the sunlight.

Fire damage points are:
    Black areas with red paint and orange etc are signs of fire damage. No pattern to the camo colors.

I agree with the above comment its fire damage for sure not camo paint finish

Cant be 100% sure but there looks to be some dunklerot paint on there!..

Here are more daylight photos.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Camo relic or fire damage   Camo relic or fire damage  

Camo relic or fire damage   Camo relic or fire damage  

Also will mention there is no signs of original paint. No signs of any overpaint with original paint under. There is only 1 paint layer. Which depending on where on the helmet has changed color due to fire and or heat IMO.

I see red, orange, yellow, brown, tan, greenish grey. Theres my 5 color camo lol. Camo by fire!

One thing I don't understand is there are bare metal rusted areas and bare metal totally black areas with no rust. Does charred metal do something to the surface to prevent rust? Anyone with fire damaged relics to compare?