Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Couple of Relic lids

Article about: I have been collecting militaria for years but have been amazed by the breadth of knowledge on here and my knowledge on German lids was not prolific. As such I have read I think every thread

Default Couple of Relic lids

I have been collecting militaria for years but have been amazed by the breadth of knowledge on here and my knowledge on German lids was not prolific. As such I have read I think every thread learning more and more and as I love relics I thought I would acquire a couple of real salty ones for display in my den along with all my other bits.

I thought I would post shots up here as whilst they are nothing to special compared with many of the lids that are shown here I thought someone may add something or note something on them and either help my knowledge on indeed as another example on here may help others who perhaps like me who have waded through pages and pages of hemelts.

Anyway here they are...

First up came from a River bank on the Dutch border. The side that was exposed has corroded away but the liner band has survived.

The second is from East Prussia and the 1944/45 battlefields, a very deteriorated Heer eagle appears to be just about extant.

Thanks for looking
    Steve

Couple of Relic lidsCouple of Relic lidsCouple of Relic lids

Couple of Relic lidsCouple of Relic lidsCouple of Relic lids
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Couple of Relic lids  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Couple of Relic lids
    P
    Many

Default Re: Couple of Relic lids

Never mind "they are nothing too special", they are what they are nice honest relics and i'd be pleased to own 'em!..

like wise.

very nice steve i like them very much ,i think myself these are quite special in there own right ,and what better place to put them than the relic section

No mistaking those for relics! Very nice!

Thanks for the comments guys, always felt best place to learn is from the bottom run so to speak, these allow me to handle and get more of a feel which is essential in my opinion before setting my sights a little higher! Will endeavour to post anything up for opinions before i go after anything higher up the chain!!

Cheers
    Steve

Nothing beats a relic with some decal remnants!!!!!!!
    Beaudy, Dan
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Can I show my relic collection Steve? (minus the non-relic Police lid of course)

Couple of Relic lids

G43
    ?

What is that dagger you have hanging above the helmets?

Its an Omani tribal sword I picked up in Muscat souq a few years ago. I also bought the curved dagger (khanjar) but have never got around to having it mounted.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast