Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Eastern front REALLY nice helmet and medals I had offered to me....

Article about: I was wondering what the prices are going for these days. I was offered this helmet for 210, and the tanker set for 275 us.. Annoyed from this ads?   what do you think ?

Quote by Dinger View Post
    Mrpotts,

You already worked it out. These are likely grave dug items? good luck with that. As for the rest of you, really? Ned?

Dinger
    Please clarify your post.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    P
    Many

?

Clarification,

Post 4 no remains says digger and seller?

Post 9 would expect 1/2 tag if buried, correct but most of the soldiers robbed have not been buried and are still wearing their tag!

Post 12 a bit of reality from 'meyerse' that is the truth?

Post 13 , bit naive to think that every German soldier recieved a formal burial whereby his half tag was removed, really, from a moderator, that such naivity exists and is policed as such?

Post 19 , your dad is nothing to do with this?

Post 23, is how an undiscovered corpse of a soldier would be found with his complete disc, regardless of the bollocks from the seller?

I may be wrong but I am prepared to state my case!

Dinger

Dinger....

I don't like your attitude im sorry. Im going off what the seller has told me. I don't of course go for grave rob items so I was just making sure in my own mind that these are not!. whatever Iv had a long day dealing with people, maybe rminis can chine im.

Basically I don't want thisgrave thing taking away from my original post. I was more curious about the items. I would never buy anything grave robbed and never will. And making sure everyone else knows that too. I can only go off the seller and of course he told me they were I would of ended the deal right there!

Types like Dingy here is why so many relic threads deteriorate into ignorant ramblings about gravediggers and looting corpses --- there is nothing here to suggest that these came from a body, what he stated was just antagonistic rubbish!

?

Mrpotts,

I don't care if you like my attitude, you made it very clear in your early posts that you thought they were grave robbed items. You changed your mind based on some very dodgy info from rbminis. I don't care what a seller is telling you as that is his job description, he is not your mate? If you go ahead with this purchase there is every chance that you are dealing in grave robbed items. as an ex soldier I will not let that go or you for that matter.

Dingy Here is not ignorant, just a full disc from Russia somewhere is enough to suggest the soldier was robbed where he fell? I can't wait for you cnuts to be taken to justice somewhere. It will happen, in due course!

Dingy!

Or was it ripped from the neck of a German soldier who was taken prisoner in Russia by the Russians? Ultimate fate unknown. Death in a camp? Shot to death in the field? Highly unlikely to have returned home after the war. Some say that surrenderers on the Eastern Front quite often threw away their disks before turning themselves in to obscure unit locations and identities from the enemy. An unbroken disk is not always a sign of a field fallen and in situ buried enemy soldier's body. Certainly, it Can be, but it is difficult to say the least to say for sure one way or the other. It is, unfortunately, a question that quite often can never be definitively answered.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    Or was it ripped from the neck of a German soldier who was taken prisoner in Russia by the Russians? Ultimate fate unknown. Death in a camp? Shot to death in the field? Highly unlikely to have returned home after the war. Some say that surrenderers on the Eastern Front quite often threw away their disks before turning themselves in to obscure unit locations and identities from the enemy. An unbroken disk is not always a sign of a field fallen and in situ buried enemy soldier's body. Certainly, it Can be, but it is difficult to say the least to say for sure one way or the other. It is, unfortunately, a question that quite often can never be definitively answered.
    For sure, but I am not going to ease the concience of the OP who is clearly buying from some russian clown that is no doubt routinely digging corpses and not declairing them, I will do what I have to when I have time but this forum that promotes this behaviour will answer to people that matter, thats all. Just a matter of time. The more facts that stack up will mean more fiscal culpability, bring it on! Wagriff you are not in the UK so no skin off your nose! The main thing is when folks buy the discs without much thought the Germans have the records and can proove if the bloke fell in action. You have on here a complete record of everyone that ever asked a question about discs. All that needs to be done is to marry that to the volksbund.

?

Wagriff,

Not if it is all being offered as a package , so no not ripped from his neck , at least not while still alive?

That may or may not be true, Dinger, but falling in action and being one of the millions who simply vanished into the POW system of the Soviets are not always the same. It is impossible to say just what was the ultimate fates of so many millions and their effects. They went to war-they never were seen again. No word, no letters-nothing. Just how their effects were found where they were found is a question that rarely can ever be answered. And, no, btw...I have never owned or collected Identity Disks. But many people do.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    That may or may not be true, Dinger, but falling in action and being one of the millions who simply vanished into the POW system of the Soviets are not always the same. It is impossible to say just what was the ultimate fates of so many millions and their effects. They went to war-they never were seen again. No word, no letters-nothing. Just how their effects were found where they were found is a question that rarely can ever be answered. And, no, btw...I have never owned or collected Identity Disks. But many people do.
    Well, here's the fun part! Stamm Kp Pz Ers Abt 35, Blood group B stam roll number 6255, should be traceable, and if what you state is correct I will eat my hat.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast